Does Machado Sign? Will You Be Upset If He Doesn't?

JohnD

Will Machado sign? And what's your reaction?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Will Machado sign? And what's your reaction?

• Yes he will, and I'll be glad
    • Yes he will, but I won't like the deal
    • No he won't, and I'm livid about how it played out
    • No he won't, and it's just as well

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty confident he gets done. We definitely do need him in the system, and also, signing him and whoiever else we plan on signing as the day unwinds are needed to cap off this draft. Right now, the way things are shaping up, this is gonna be one of our better recent drafts when taking all aspects into account(ceiling, projection, safety, quantity, quality).

Why would Buck be involved? I think he might have a (limited) say in future drafts, but at this point in the process it's about reaching a financial agreement. I guess he could say do whatever it takes to get him signed but I already think the Orioles are thinking along those lines.

Do you guys think Buck is involving himself in this process at all?

I've not much reason to believe that he would, unless he really does have part GM or GM type responsibilities that we don't know about. It's Jordan's pick and responsibilities, and for as much of a control freak as Showalter is, I'm inclined to think he'd respect that and leave Jordan to it.

Free agents would probably be a different story. That would be the one time I'd almost expect a manger to throw themselves into it, particularly a veteran like Buck. But as far as Machado goes, I don't see him involving himself. He's got enough problems to deal with.

I think he will and at the end of the day, don't really care what they sign him too. I think there can be mistakes made but signing him is most important IMO.

I agree. If they sign him, I'll be happy. And I think that there's too much on the table for him to say no. At the end of the day, things will probably work out the way we hoped...

I assume that he'll sign, and he was a good choice. He sounds more interesting than Givens or Miclat, but I've given up getting real excited about these guys until they tear up AA. I'll root for him and follow his evolution, but I assume that he'll be a bust or get injured and hope for the best. :) Next avatar please?

I think he signs, but I'll be furious if he doesn't.

If this team can donate 4.5 million to the Garrett Atkins foundation, they sure as hell can pay Machado, who will instantly become one of our top position prospects. Pay the man and get this taken care of.

Archived