Braves are about to get Derrek Lee...

GeorgiaBird

Booo...I like Derrek Lee, I do not like the Braves.

Wait how can you not like the Braves? Didn't everyone love them back in the day, with the Joneses, Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, Neagle and so on. Come on :D

I'm almost surprised to see Lee waive his NTC.

Wait how can you not like the Braves? Didn't everyone love them back in the day, with the Joneses, Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, Neagle and so on. Come on :D

Haha...actually I didn't and that is probably why. I liked them a little back in the Dale Murphy/Ozzie Virgil/Glenn Hubbard days, AKA when they were terrible. But man, that bandwagon was packed for a while during the early 90's-mid 00's. That's when I started disliking them a little.

Frank Wren's become a much improved GM. The Braves got him for 3 okay pitching prospects - only 1 of them with real upside, and he's a 19 year old who hasn't done very well in low A. Glaus has been useless the last 2 months and is going on the DL today. Lee is finally on a tear this season and gives the Braves a much-needed middle of the lineup bat.

Frank Wren's become a much improved GM. The Braves got him for 3 okay pitching prospects - only 1 of them with real upside, and he's a 19 year old who hasn't done very well in low A. Glaus has been useless the last 2 months and is going on the DL today. Lee is finally on a tear this season and gives the Braves a much-needed middle of the lineup bat.

While it is a steal, its only for the rest of the season. He will be a FA. And that stinks for the Braves that Glaus is going on the DL, he was going to move to 3B to replace Chipper.

While it is a steal, its only for the rest of the season. He will be a FA. And that stinks for the Braves that Glaus is going on the DL, he was going to move to 3B to replace Chipper.

I'm perfectly happy with Prado at 3B. Glaus is actually expected back in about 15 days, and he will be practicing at 3B in the meantime.

And it probably works out fine that Lee's here only for the rest of the season, because they might not want him for next season. Freddie Freeman is a helluva prospect and might be ready by then. This is perfect for the Braves. They missed Lee's lousy first half of the season, and they only pay about a quarter (I'm guessing) of his annual salary for the only part of the season that they need him. It beats paying him for a full season. So if I'm the Braves, my wallet's happy, and my fans are happy.

Archived