Buehrle accuses Pie of stealing signs

nevadaO

True, which means only one thing....

....we should throw at them first! Be proactive! Strike first and fast! ATTACK!!!!!!!!! :mwahaha:

Perhaps this could be the bench clearing brawl we've been waiting for since Benitez plunked Martinez. :mwahaha:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, which means only one thing....

....we should throw at them first! Be proactive! Strike first and fast! ATTACK!!!!!!!!! :mwahaha:

The Sox are the home team, how are the O's supposed to throw at them first, batting practice?

If so, can the O's call in Mills to throw bp today?

Why would they rather not know? I think any hitter would want that advantage over his opponent if they can get it.

It's just like when a pitcher is tipping their pitches. The guy who sees the tell, will let the other hitters in the dugout know what to look for.

Most guys won't trust it.

Tipping pitches can be different or the same depending on the tip. For instance, a player might hold his glove lower on a slider than he does on his fastball. He also might have a sideways tilt to it before his hands break.

Hitters are focusing on his release point to immediately pick up the spin on the ball and recognize the pitch. Their method is ingrained in them. By shifting quickly back and forth between the two spots, it's throws off their rhythm.

Now, if you've got a guy who let's say doesn't lift his leg as high out of the stretch on fastballs to the plate, that's easier. It's not as quick back and forth. They can make the adjustment.

Perhaps this could be the bench clearing brawl we've been waiting for since Benitez plunked Martinez. :mwahaha:

You know Guillen and Buck has some heat from the past as well. This has been brewing for a long time.

Its time for a good old fashioned bean ball war tonight! They took out Jonesie...we'll take out Pierre!

You know Guillen and Buck has some heat from the past as well. This has been brewing for a long time.

Its time for a good old fashioned bean ball war tonight! They took out Jonesie...we'll take out KONERKO!

Fixed that for ya!

Its time for a good old fashioned bean ball war tonight! They took out Jonesie...we'll take out Pierre!

In an epic blowup in 2004 when then-Rangers manager Showalter questioned Guillen’s knowledge of baseball rules (specifically if an extra late-season coach could be on the field coaching first base), Mt. Guillen erupted. It goes down as one of his classic rants of all time.

A sample of Guillen’s offerings that September day:

"I could have made a big deal about it, but I was professional enough because I respect the guy that was coaching first base.... (John) Wetteland did something in the big leagues. [showalter] never even smelled a jock in the big leagues. He didn't even know how the clubhouse in the big leagues was when he got his first job. ... 'Mr. Baseball' never even got a hit in Triple-A. He was a backup catcher or a first baseman all his career. Now all of the sudden he's the best ever in baseball."

Later, Guillen poked fun at Showalter’s attention to detail, presenting a lineup card before a game against the Rangers that not only had the mug shots of each White Sox player, but had their e-mail addresses as well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/1299/guillen-showalter-together-again

Ozzie says that it's all in the past, but you never know... ;)

How do brawls look on gameday? Do a bunch of little pixels collide or something? :D

They do it like this :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7SfiEc-uhM?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7SfiEc-uhM?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They do it like this :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7SfiEc-uhM?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7SfiEc-uhM?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice! I love how the batter Dragon Punches the pitcher... :laughlol:

Funny how 8 bit video games would show more violence than today's baseball games which don't include brawls...

IIRC we already picked on Pierre a lot last series although I forget why now. Maybe this one only goes back a couple of weeks?

Archived