Buehrle accuses Pie of stealing signs

nevadaO

Hopefully Pie won't get plunked because he may end up getting hurt...As it is, every time he runs the bases, he looks like he is grimacing and just a hammy pull away at every step.

BTW, don't forget that Guthrie hit 2 batters and Rios didn't look to happy when he got hit.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Pie hit by a pitch and then the Orioles retaliate and it end up in some kind of a brawl or at least, a bench clearing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, either their signs are way too simple, or all of us who complain about Felix's low baseball IQ owe him an apology.

Regardless, you all owe him an apology. I've met a lot of his coaches from the DR, they all say he's brilliant. His focus can certainly be called into question from time to time, but that isn't necessarily a reflection of his baseball IQ

IIRC we already picked on Pierre a lot last series although I forget why now. Maybe this one only goes back a couple of weeks?

Because he made like he was going to give a ball to a kid in the stands at OPACY and then snatched it away and threw it back to the infield.

Guthrie plunked him the next series and basically said he did it on purpose without saying it.

Some said he was pointing at the kid after he did it, though others said it was just a routine point at an IFer after a play.

Because he made like he was going to give a ball to a kid in the stands at OPACY and then snatched it away and threw it back to the infield.

Guthrie plunked him the next series and basically said he did it on purpose without saying it.

Some said he was pointing at the kid after he did it, though others said it was just a routine point at an IFer after a play.

I saw Pie 'fake' throwing a ball to a kid (teen) at OPCY this year then pull it back. He looked at the kid - wearing the visiting team's jersey (Yanks, maybe?) - and pulled at his own jersey as if to say "wrong shirt, loser!" He then threw the ball to an O's fan and smirked back to the dugout. Classic. I'm liking him more and more...

I hope somebody cleats Pierzynski in his fivehead.

Stupid frosty tipped turd burglar.

I have been turd burgled. It isn't pretty.

Retaliatory turd burgling always ends badly.

Stealing signs on the other hand is just part of the game. Even if its the catches location behind the plate. If its a problem, the catcher needs to just set the glove later.

Buehrle almost hit Pie with 3 straight pitches. One pitch, Pie even dropped his bat while trying to back out of the way. A lot of players would have glared at the pitcher for that. Especially given that Buehrle is one of the best control pitchers in the game.

Buehrle whines over stolen signs. Pie doesn't whine about three up and in pitches. Class act goes to Pie this round.

As for why Pie seems so disliked by many, I can't figure it out either. He plays hard. He doesn't strut or show up players. He seems to care and gives full effort. He has cut down drastically on his mental lapses as well. He's been one of the three or four most enjoyable Orioles to watch this year. I'd love to have him as an Oriole for the next decade. I just wish he walked more.

Archived