Stark on Baseball Tonight

DC2Dallas

I know Tejada is worth a lot more because he has 3 years left on his affordable contract. But that Everett, Ensberg, etc. proposal (if it exists) is in the same mold as the Carlos Lee trade - there's no way the Brewers got better this year with that trade, and if Lee had 3 more years left on the contract they would also be worse in future years. Also remember that the Brewers also gave up Cruz...

I'm really, really, really hoping that if that was a real proposal to us, we laughed and hung up the phone. If we're even thinking about it, then I'm upset.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can see the Astros deal (Ensberg, Everett, & Nieve) is just a proposal from the Astros side. I can't believe the O's have any interest in Everett but the Stros feel like they need to move him if Tejada's coming their way. I may not have a lot of faith in the O's FO but I have enough to believe that this package isn't getting it done. Hirsch and/or Pence would have to be part of the deal.

Ensberg, Everett, and Nieve ? :eek:

Say it ain't so !

Hirsh AND Pence have to be any deal with Houston. It is a requirement ! :mad:

With the Angels- Kendrick or Wood HAVE to be in the deal. It wasn't long ago we were all saying Santana AND one of these two had to be in the deal.

I would ask for Kendrick, Aybar, and Adenhart and hold firm.

Is not Kotchman on the DL and doubtful to return this year? I would think that would preclude him from being involved in any trade. Guy might be great someone but seeing his name all the time here is starting to....oh nevermind :)

Ensberg, Nieve and Everett for Tejada!?!?!?!?!

That would set the franchise back years. Not only would I have hung up on Purpura the minute he made that offer, I wouldn't return his call the 1st time he called back. Just as a warning.

Everett is completely and utterly worthless, IMO. He's basically Fahey.

Ensberg? No thanks, we've already got a 3B. Besides Ensberg's on the wrong side of 30. The idea should be to get younger to match our pitching.

Nieve? A mid level prospect. A nice add on but certainly not centerpiece material.

If he called back a 2nd time, I'd tell him the first words out of his mouth better be "Hirsch, Pence, AND" or else hang up. Screw this guy, if he thinks he's going to fleece us for one of the top players in the game. After all, we don't need to trade Tejada, if we don't want to.

I'm OK with Ensberg and moving Mora to the OF, but Everett is pretty much useless. Ensberg, Pence and Hirsch would be a good starting point.

I'm ok with Ensberg and with moving Mora to the OF. Ensberg still has 2 years of arbitration left before free agency... Everett is very useless.

I'm ok with Ensberg and with moving Mora to the OF. Ensberg still has 2 years of arbitration left before free agency... Everett is very useless.

I don't like this trade as it is, but I have to think with the Lee trade Huston is the more likely Tejada suiter. Why couldn't Ensberg play 1B? They have to give up some significant pitching and at least a top OF/1B prospect to get me interested. And forget Everett. Fahey's better.

I don't like this trade as it is, but I have to think with the Lee trade Huston is the more likely Tejada suiter. Why couldn't Ensberg play 1B? They have to give up some significant pitching and at least a top OF/1B prospect to get me interested. And forget Everett. Fahey's better.

The games I've seen on TV, I am not pleased with Mora's glove this year. Yesterday's game in which Tatis played 3rd while Mora DH, Tatis stopped a ball with his glove, that would have scored a run... and my impression is that Mora would not have at least stopped the ball.

If Tejada is traded for Ensberg, Everett, and Nieve, I quit. That would be indicative of a front office that is not only following the wrong philosophy until it runs them into the ground, but that is irreparably stupid. Maybe I've become too married to the idea that a Tejada trade is going to be symbolic of what this franchise might be over the next 5-10 years, but so be it.

That offer from Houston is not serious. Can't be or you walk.

Hirsch, Pence, Patton to start. I don't want Nieve, or Everett. I'd take Ensberg, but he's on the DL.

Not a serious offer. If that is the BS coming from other GM's, then keep Tejada. If HOUS is unwilling to be serious, then simply cut off that negotiation.

Archived