Chapman Hits 105 MPH

waroriole

What I think he is saying is, radar guns require regular recalibration. The guns at minor league parks are far less likely to receive said calibration than their MLB counterparts.

What are the odds of multiple radar guns being out of calibration, and they all just happen to be several mph high by the same amount?

I have a piece of test equipment I use all the time that hasn't been calibrated in a decade and its results are within a very small margin of error (not a radar gun, but comparable to a fraction of a mph) of the stuff that goes back for cal every six months.

Wow! He's electric. I love the way he brings it! What a year for *phenoms! Cincinnati is rocking right now! It's fun to be out here and experience the palpable buzz surrounding this team. Some day the O's again! :clap3:

* Strasburg, Storen, Sale, Leake, Heyward, Stanton, etc.

In the Jan thread on Chapman I see a lot of "I'm happy we didn't spend $30M on this guy" posts. Hm-m-m....just one game, I know, but any doubts now? Also, I don't recall seeing any announcement from the O's FO, so I'm curious if we were really ever a hound in the Chapman hunt?

Archived