9/2: Sox-O's rubber game

PaulFolk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The official scorer says that two runs were earned and three were unearned. I don't think that's correct-- it should be the other way around.

Beltre hit the HR, then two guys reached base. Even if Wigginton had made the play on Nava's grounder and gotten the out at first, there still would've been two runners on base, and they both would've scored on Kalish's double. Should be 3 earned runs.

The official scorer says that two runs were earned and three were unearned. I don't think that's correct-- it should be the other way around.

Beltre hit the HR, then two guys reached base. Even if Wigginton had made the play on Nava's grounder and gotten the out at first, there still would've been two runners on base, and they both would've scored on Kalish's double. Should be 3 earned runs.

What's Uecker's line from Major League?

"Ah, the hell with it."

If you can't handle people complaining about the game, you shouldn't read the game thread.

Give me a break. They are saying those statements in the first/second freaking innings of the game.

I enjoy the game threads. I don't enjoy naysayers when there are 21 outs still to be made in the game.

Give me a break. They are saying those statements in the first/second freaking innings of the game.

I enjoy the game threads. I don't enjoy naysayers when there are 21 outs still to be made in the game.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm picking on you, honestly I'm not trying to. These threads are meant for people to vent their frustration. When people say things like 'game over' or 'Bergesen has nothing tonight', they are meant to be hyperbole. Obviously we can come back, but the chances aren't good. According to Fangraphs, we have less than an 11% chance to win this game. I'm going to keep watching, as are a lot of people who are 'naysaying', because we all acknowledge the fact we can come back. When something really pisses you off, you're not going to make the best decision or say the smartest thing right after that. We're really pissed we handed the sox, of all teams, a five run lead to start the game, so obviously we're going to say some things in anger that we probably wouldn't say tomorrow morning. It'd be nice for everyone to reserve judgments until the game concludes, but I frankly think that's unhealthy. If you get upset every time someone gets pissed by multiple unearned runs, I'd like to know what game threads you're reading that you can still enjoy them.

Sorry, but you have to be kidding.

I thought the game threads were a place to comment on the game, enjoy a little online fan experience.

Vent frustration? Really?

Yes, actually. Read the responses to your own thread. I'm not the only one that thinks this. We are commenting on the game. When the game itself is frustrating, how can you expect the comments to be 'better luck next game' and 'well, we've already won some games, I guess we can lose some too'. Unfortunately, the fan experience of the Orioles for the past 13 years has been frustrating.

Again, sorry if I'm being curt with you, but you might be able to tell I'm a little frustrated right now.

Archived