One bloggers list of the top ten most hated baseball players.

Gurgi

http://baseball.dailyskew.com/2010/01/top-10-most-hated-baseball-players-2010.html

1- Manny Ramirez

2- Milton Bradley

3- A-Rod.

4- Kevin Youkilis.

5- Carl Pavano

6- Pedro Martinez

7 – A.J. Pierzynski

8- Carlos Gomez.

9- Jose Reyes

10- Gary Sheffield

I think Nyjer is gonna be high on his list this year.

Do you agree with the list? Who would you put on it?

Who would be the most hated Oriole for other teams?

I for one havent heard that much bad stuff about Youk but I dont pay much attention to the RedSox. His position on this list surprised me.

I think the Orioles are too milk toast to stir much passion in other teams but I would guess that Luke Scott probably pisses some teams off with his occasional bat flick and strut around the bases after a homerun. Pie really seemed to piss off the Angels(?) last year after his emotion after he hit for the cycle.

I think in a couple of years if Arrieta is good he will be hated. I think he will be the kind of guy to pitch inside and hit guys once in a while. I just think this guy could be dominate in the future. He is also supremely confident to the point of cockiness.

Jones could become super smug and perhaps too cocky but if he keeps sucking for major portions of the season and the fact he cant play centerfield worth a damn makes it unlikely he will stir the leagues passions against him too much.

http://baseball.dailyskew.com/2010/01/top-10-most-hated-baseball-players-2010.html

1- Manny Ramirez

2- Milton Bradley

3- A-Rod.

4- Kevin Youkilis.

5- Carl Pavano

6- Pedro Martinez

7 – A.J. Pierzynski

8- Carlos Gomez.

9- Jose Reyes

10- Gary Sheffield

#6 is my favorite player of the last two decades.

Also root hard for #'s 8 & 9

Have been a fan of #1 for years

Have nothing against #3 except that he's a Yankee

Like #2 primarily because he takes so much crap

Meh towards #'s 5 & 7

Annoyed by #4

Have disliked #10 for years

Carl Pavano?!?!? What's his reputation? I know he had that bad contract with the Yankees but I've never heard anything that suggests he's a jerk.

From the blog...

The snobby, cocky, often-injured millionaire who dates actresses and models had an OK year with the Indians and Twins after screwing the Yankees with years being on the DL – and complained about it. He also attacked New York icon Joe Torre due to the Joe Torre book. It all came to head when he pitched against the Yankees in the 2009 post-season. He pitched a fantastic game, but justice was served. Was an Honorable Mention last year.

Kinda of surprised neither Prince Fielder or Ryan Braun feature on this list. From my experience, both of them are fairly widely reviled for being trash-talking chickenhawk types who agitate for hard-nosed, bean-balling, spikes-up sort of play, but get their panties in a twist whenever that same sort of play is visited upon the Brewers. I'm sure Cards and Cubs fans will back me up on this one.

I like Pedro too. I remember watching him as a Philly against the Yanks in the WS last year. He left trailing I want to say 2-1 or so but he just had a big grin on his face while the Yanks fans were chanting Who's Your Daddy At Him. He's one of hte games better characters in recent years if you ask me.

I like Pedro too. I remember watching him as a Philly against the Yanks in the WS last year. He left trailing I want to say 2-1 or so but he just had a big grin on his face while the Yanks fans were chanting Who's Your Daddy At Him. He's one of hte games better characters in recent years if you ask me.

Yeah, I've never really heard too many people that didn't love Pedro and the ones that don't like him are MFY fans.

Yeah, I've never really heard too many people that didn't love Pedro and the ones that don't like him are MFY fans.

Yeah he's funny. I mean I find Manny to be goofy rather than grinding at my teeth hating him. He reminds me in appperance of the Predator and it cracks me up knowing he took a wiz in the Green Monster. And of course when he cut the ball off allowing David Newhan to get an inside the parker.

Archived