Good chance we might be dropping down the draft board

ChaosLex

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only half a game separates us and the Diamondbacks. Fortunately, I know some people have said there's four *big* studs in this upcoming draft, not counting any dark horse candidates that emerge next year.

Pittsburgh 56 103 .352

Seattle 61 98 .384

Baltimore 63 95 .399

Arizona 64 95 .403

Kansas City 66 93 .415

I've read the same thing but sifting through the comments on this board I get the distinct impression there are really only three "studs" - Purke, Cole and Rendon - and obviously there is a huge questionmark about Rendon now. Jungman is the fourth "stud" that is being discussed but I have some doubts he is in the class of the other two pitchers. At any rate, I still see the Pirates taking Cole at #1 because in 2-3 years their pitching staff could be freightening:)

If we finish with the 4th worst record, so be it. A lot of players fall down the board on draft day. See Kyle Gibson and Alex White. Albeit those were due to injuries, but still, I have no doubt we'll land a stud with the 4th overall pick. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a dark horse candidate emerge or one of the Big 3 (Rendon, Cole or Purke) to fall down the draft board. :)

If we finish with the 4th worst record, so be it. A lot of players fall down the board on draft day. See Kyle Gibson and Alex White. Albeit those were due to injuries, but still, I have no doubt we'll land a stud with the 4th overall pick. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a dark horse candidate emerge or one of the Big 3 (Rendon, Cole or Purke) to fall down the draft board. :)

Matt Wieters is a good example...

I didn't recall any injuries to Alex White? AFAIK, White's issue was inconsistency. He was originally tabbed as one of the top 3 prospects like Grant Green, but dropped as the season went on. I believe his command was off and maybe it was the slider(one of his secondaries) wasn't looking the same that it had been in his previous 2 seasons.

If we finish 4th worst, even if the first 3 picks were linear according to my own draft board right now:

Rendon

Cole

Purke

_____

Between Jungmann, Gray, Barnes, Norris, Springer, we have some strong potential choices.....Norris really really looks nasty, but I doubt we go that route with some college options available...

I didn't recall any injuries to Alex White? AFAIK, White's issue was inconsistency. He was originally tabbed as one of the top 3 prospects like Grant Green, but dropped as the season went on. I believe his command was off and maybe it was the slider(one of his secondaries) wasn't looking the same that it had been in his previous 2 seasons.

If we finish 4th worst, even if the first 3 picks were linear according to my own draft board right now:

Rendon

Cole

Purke

_____

Between Jungmann, Gray, Barnes, Norris, Springer, we have some strong potential choices.....Norris really really looks nasty, but I doubt we go that route with some college options available...

Yeah, I think you're right. I know for sure that Gibson was injured though. :)

Yeah, that's right we swept 3 or 4 meaningless games against the Yankees in 2000 to knock ourselves out of the 5th pick. Instead I believe we drafted 7th. Chris Smith, where are you?????????

The O's need to Purke or Cole. Rendon is off the board more than likely. Just saying.

Yeah, that's right we swept 3 or 4 meaningless games against the Yankees in 2000 to knock ourselves out of the 5th pick. Instead I believe we drafted 7th. Chris Smith, where are you?????????

The O's need to Purke or Cole. Rendon is off the board more than likely. Just saying.

Yea I agree..I am hoping for the 3rd pick. The second pick looks out of reach.

Archived