MD @ West Virginia- Fire Everyone

Danielos38

One was on O' Brien. Just pointed it out because like the others' date=' it does count against the rushing total....but still, -13 yards is downright embarrassing. The first series was bad coaching/preparation, plain and simple.[/quote']

Jeff Barker's blog said that the coaches were trying to see if they could go in there and do their normal counts without having to use a silent count, and that led to the issues on the first drive.

Which, when you are taking an inexperienced quarterback and inexperienced offensive linemen into an extremely loud and hostile environment, makes perfect sense...

/sarcasm

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All-in-all' date=' like I said, the final score doesn't really tell the story. I bet if you asked someone who follows WV football they would tell you it was not their greatest performance.....the scoring margin should have been much greater. If they play like that at LSU next weekend I bet they lose.[/quote']

While I will agree that we actually have the potential to put up a lot of points, this team just continues to dissapoint. With Devine, Sanders nad Austin they have a lot of dynamic and shifty playmakers. The problem is that our OL is average on the best day. LSU's D Line will kill us.

I was at the game yesterday, and while they looked great in the 1st half, they took their foot off the gas in the second half and let Md inch their way back. WVU's coaching staff never puts together two great halfs. Never.

While I will agree that we actually have the potential to put up a lot of points, this team just continues to dissapoint. With Devine, Sanders nad Austin they have a lot of dynamic and shifty playmakers. The problem is that our OL is average on the best day. LSU's D Line will kill us.

I was at the game yesterday, and while they looked great in the 1st half, they took their foot off the gas in the second half and let Md inch their way back. WVU's coaching staff never puts together two great halfs. Never.

It could be worse...Maryland's never puts together even one decent half.

Archived