Roy Halladay is awesome

Frobby

The man is just ridiculous. 33 starts, 250.2 IP -- that's 7.60 IP every time he takes the ball. Just shy of 7-2/3 innings. He has nine complete games, more than every other team in the National League.

It's almost not fair to put the guy in the National League where he's not facing the Red Sox and Yankees 7-8 times a year and gets to pitch to the pitchers. To me, he's the best pitcher in baseball.

You've got to feel good for the guy after he spent his entire career on average at best teams, without making a gigantic fuss over it. He's been absolutely lights out this season, and what's scary is that even though he's 33 going on 34, he's got a good chance of dominating for several more years simply because of the league he's playing in.

• 2 weeks later...
The man is just ridiculous. 33 starts, 250.2 IP -- that's 7.60 IP every time he takes the ball. Just shy of 7-2/3 innings. He has nine complete games, more than every other team in the National League.

It's almost not fair to put the guy in the National League where he's not facing the Red Sox and Yankees 7-8 times a year and gets to pitch to the pitchers. To me, he's the best pitcher in baseball.

This is from Sept. 28. Prescient, wouldn't you say? ;)

The man is just sick. Flat out sick. Consider me fortunate that we don't have to face that every season anymore.

I don't know if you consider it a good or bad thing that the one game I saw him pitcher in person this season was one of his "worst," when he gave up four runs on four solo home runs to the Brewers, and still go the win.

Archived