O's offer Tejada to Angels for 3 prospects

Bigbie03

As not only the self-appointed president of the Ervin Santana fan-club, but also a client, i could tell you right now, he is definitely the guy we should be aiming for.

Outside of Liriano, is there a pitcher under the age of 25 better than this guy right now?

To have him, Bedard, and Benson go into a 3 game series makes me rest very easy at night.

No way we should pass up the chance to take this guy, he is the real deal

Maybe Jered Weaver :D

I understand your point, but we're going to be winning a lot of one-run games, which is fine.

I guess I'm just mystified by Wood's power numbers. Think of a 2-3-4 two years from now of Markakis, Reimold, Wood.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully we get Kendrick/Wood + Santana and Mathis

That would be ideal.

Throw in RLo if they start crying about their playoff rotation.

You're kidding, right? Rodrigo Lopez starting in the playoffs? The Angels want to WIN.

Agree 1 thousand percent on Santana. But Wood misses as many as he fields at short and Kotchman has shown no power. Give me Scott Shields. I'd take Wood, but he has to be able to play left if he flunks at short.

This deal could be expanded in a lot of ways. Assuming Benson will be back up in a week or so, what if we threw in Anna's Husband (to help replace Colon) and Hawkins (to help replace Shields). What could we get back from them?

Miggy is DHong tonight....hmmmm....

He's DHed a few times latetly and I think has more to do with Perlozzo trying to mix in his bench players like he's been. If he just wasn't in the lineup, that would be earth-shattering, crap your pants, huge.

The trade rumor is very intriguing. I just hope the O's FO knows when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em so to speak. Only trade Tejada for a can't miss deal, like the one the Angels turned down. I hope they don't just deal him just to deal him if the return isn't one that builds this team for the future.

He's DHed a few times latetly and I think has more to do with Perlozzo trying to mix in his bench players like he's been. If he just wasn't in the lineup, that would be earth-shattering, crap your pants, huge.

Him DHing is probably nothing but if they were close to trading him I don't think he would be out of the lineup.

Monday's 4 pm ET non-waiver trade deadline

Really ????? :confused: I stand corrected.

The 4 PM deadline is stupid... they should have kept it at midnight.

I agree. The trades would only have to be reported to the league office by midnight. Sometimes the deals wouldn't hit the press until the next morning (after the paperwork was filed and approved by Commissioners Office).

I'm glad to see that Angelos is willing to trade Tejada under at least some circumstances. That's a start.

Like everyone else on this board, I'd love to get Ervin Santana--who wouldn't? But he's a key part of that team right now--there's no way they will trade him in the middle of a pennant race.

I'd be quite pleased if we can get Kendrick, Aybar and Adenhart for Tejada. The key for me is Howie Kendrick, who I believe is the best pure hitter in the minors (or at least he was before he was promoted). I see him as the next Rod Carew or Tony Gwynn, but with more power. Aybar and Adenhart are also fine prospects. Aybar to me looks like the next Orlando Cabrera--excellent defense, will hit for a decent batting average with a bit of power and no walks. Adenhart and Brandon Erbe would give us the two best pitching prospects at the low-A level.

I'm not as excited about Brandon Wood. He definitely has power, but he strikes out a ton...he might be the next Dallas McPherson. (Who, by the way, I wouldn't mind getting as a throw in if we throw in Javy or Rodrigo or Jeff Conine--but he's definitely struggling in the majors due to his problems making contact, which were evident in the minors).

To me, it's Kendrick or no deal.

maybe take Saunders insted of the other two. O's need to get a pitcher out of this who can start now. This guy's pitching to a 2.55 ERA in the Pacific Coast League in 130+ innings-that's good enough for me.LA sems to have another SP's now.

The LA Times also reports today that Saunders was scratched from his start tomorrow in case he needs to make a spot start for the injured Colon... not sure how that affects the trade status but just thought I'd pass it on...

Archived