O's offer Tejada to Angels for 3 prospects

Bigbie03

maybe take Saunders insted of the other two. O's need to get a pitcher out of this who can start now. This guy's pitching to a 2.55 ERA in the Pacific Coast League in 130+ innings-that's good enough for me.LA sems to have another SP's now.
I would take him instead of Adenhart. Adenhart has the higher ceiling, but Saunders is the surer bet right now, and he's certainly no slouch himself.

Saunders, Aybar and Wood.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is the sad thing. If we do trade Miggy will PA give those that we traded for the money they deserve when ante up times comes around or will he let them go. One thing to keep in mind is that Miggy gets alot of his payroll with the O's.

here is the sad thing. If we do trade Miggy will PA give those that we traded for the money they deserve when ante up times comes around or will he let them go. One thing to keep in mind is that Miggy gets alot of his payroll with the O's.

Most of names being bantered around will not be a free agent for 5-6 years... Tejada is a free agent in 3 years.

Saunders yes

Aybar-second line prospect, not that much power, fair OBP. Not a great base stealer-steals a lot but gets thrown out tons, doesn't interest me.Forget it.

Brandon Wood fans 40% of his at-bats and misses as many balls as he catches. And ML pitchers won't give him those nice fastballs to hit home runs off of like they do in double-A, either.I'll take him if he can maybe develop into an outfielder (if he fails at short) but forget the previous guy. They're going to have to part with Kendrick or somebody tops before I'd make the trade.

C'mon, we're trading MIGUEL TEJADA here, guys. Can't we do better than this??? Make 'em give something up or forget this!!!!

Unfortunately this is exactly the kind of trade the Orioles will make. One decent prospect and a couple of guys w/little or no chance of helping in any significant way.

Saunders yes

Aybar-second line prospect, not that much power, fair OBP. Not a great base stealer-steals a lot but gets thrown out tons, doesn't interest me.Forget it.

Brandon Wood fans 40% of his at-bats and misses as many balls as he catches. And ML pitchers won't give him those nice fastballs to hit home runs off of like they do in double-A, either.I'll take him if he can maybe develop into an outfielder (if he fails at short) but forget the previous guy. They're going to have to part with Kendrick or somebody tops before I'd make the trade.

C'mon, we're trading MIGUEL TEJADA here, guys. Can't we do better than this??? Make 'em give something up or forget this!!!!

Unfortunately this is exactly the kind of trade the Orioles will make. One decent prospect and a couple of guys w/little or no chance of helping in any significant way.

Which one do you consider Wood, the one decent prospect or a guy who has litte to no chance of helping in any significant way.

I think you are severly, severly undervaluing Brandon Wood. "Decent prospect" is not how I'd evaluate him, and according to scouting databases, neither do they. This guy is among the elite of the elite in terms of prospects.

Yes, he has alot of strike outs this year, but he also leads his league in home runs and extra base hits. He's a young power hitter, he's going to have some strike outs as he develops. Adam Dunn has alot of strike outs too, but I certainly wouldn't mind him batting clean up for us.

Woods got errors, but someone posted Tejada errors when he was at AA, and it was twice as many as Wood has, yet he turned out to be a pretty good shortstop. Nowhere, have I seen any scouting reports that say his fielding may be a problem, in fact most everywhere I've read said he will be an above average fielder at either SS or 3B. Some called him the next Cal Ripken at SS or Scott Rolen at 3B. I'd take that.

Kendrick is more advanced now, but Wood has way more upside, IMO. If he's the centerpiece of a deal for Tejada, I'll be extremely happy.

Wood, Adenhart, Kotchman. Do it.

Kotchman- no thanks. Overrated. ;)

Wood, Adenhart, Morales. Do it. :D

Actually I wouldn't care who we got as long as it was three of this group-

Wood, Kendrick, Santana, Weaver, Morales, Aybar, Adenhart, Saunders.

Of course, realistically we aren't getting Santana or Weaver. And we are lucky to get either Wood or Kendrick. No way to both.

Kenrick or Wood with two of these three is the minimum I would accept: Saunders, Morales, Aybar. Or better- give them an additional player to get all three plus Wood/or Kendrick. :D

Kotchman- no thanks. Overrated. ;)

Wood, Adenhart, Morales. Do it. :D

Actually I wouldn't care who we got as long as it was three of this group-

Wood, Kendrick, Santana, Weaver, Morales, Aybar, Adenhart, Saunders.

Of course, realistically we aren't getting Santana or Weaver. And we are lucky to get either Wood or Kendrick. No way to both.

Kenrick or Wood with two of these three is the minimum I would accept: Saunders, Morales, Aybar. Or better- give them an additional player to get all three plus Wood/or Kendrick. :D

If he had been traded during the offseason...what do you believe we could have gotten?

Just how absurd is it to imagine that the deal has expanded with the loss of Colon? Trading Miggy alone was complicated enough for the O's, but what if they ask to include Benson? Just how much would you need from the Angels to give up Tejada and Benson? Personally I hope they keep it simple and find an apples to apples competition between LA and Houston.

Archived