Please leave the board. I can't believe the choice hasn't been taken out of your hands already, to be honest.

I actually don't want to see him leave, or be forced to do so. I disagree with his approach and interpretation perhaps 85% of the time, but still believe he brings a passion for the Orioles and he is respectful of others even when those others disagree with him and try to belittle his ideas. It's not that hard to stop clicking on threads if you don't like where they are headed. He even started this one so he should have the opportunity to respond to comments that question his interpretation of the facts as he understands them.

As an example, here is his response to SG's question about what would be a successful offseason:

Both 1B and 3B/LF to be upgraded with difference making talent via FA and/or trades, no 1 year stopgaps.

Veteran #2-#3 starter and LH bullpen arm signed - Rhodes?

Bench upgraded with a player like Hinske or Hairston.

I'll say that this is a reasoned approach, though I'll be satisfied with less than he will in terms of how "difference making" the talent is and for how long a term the acquisitions are signed for. I don't know that the named players are the options that would be my first choices but I do want to see serious efforts at getting guys that can help the Orioles compete next year while not crippling the team for the future if things don't go well.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck likely has veto power over MacPhail with PGA though, so he might as well be.

I think MacPhail will be GM virtually in name only this offseason and in the last year of his deal. He's a lame duck.

Showalter is now the person shaping this organization, not MacPhail IMO.

Link please?

I think we should go back to it, but add an agreement that if you respond to him, you get neg repped.

That's a horrible punishment. Getting a neg rep in the grand scheme of things is one of the dumbest and most insignificant "punishments" you can get. If we all just put him on ignore, the forum would be such a better place. Morale would skyrocket, kinda like when Angelina left Jersey Shore last week.

I actually don't want to see him leave, or be forced to do so. I disagree with his approach and interpretation perhaps 85% of the time, but still believe he brings a passion for the Orioles and he is respectful of others even when those others disagree with him and try to belittle his ideas. It's not that hard to stop clicking on threads if you don't like where they are headed. He even started this one so he should have the opportunity to respond to comments that question his interpretation of the facts as he understands them.

But it is hard to have a reasonable discussion when, at any time, he can ruin any thread just by posting in it. JTrea makes this board a far (FAR!) worse place for me, and many other people feel the same way. I even pay to post here. At this point, it just makes me angry that he's allowed to spew the same old tripe.

I could just stop listening to an obnoxious hobo who yells at me drunkenly every day on my way to work, but I'm well within my rights to say I want him gone.

But it is hard to have a reasonable discussion when, at any time, he can ruin any thread just by posting in it. JTrea makes this board a far (FAR!) worse place for me, and many other people feel the same way. I even pay to post here. At this point, it just makes me angry that he's allowed to spew the same old tripe.

I could just stop listening to an obnoxious hobo who yells at me drunkenly every day, but I'm well within my rights to say I want him gone.

I don't want him to leave. With the recent release of [name removed to protect the guilty], Trea is one of the few remaining sources of entertainment!

I don't want him to leave. With the recent release of [name removed to protect the guilty], Trea is one of the few remaining sources of entertainment!

I'm sure JT is a perfectly nice guy in person, but I think he needs to have a post limit. 3 posts a day. He really does degrade the quality of discourse around here.

I give Trea 1 thing he's a passionate fan. It is just my understanding that Buck has some say over personnel. I dont believe for a second that he has veto power. I would hope Am would mention his trade possibilities to Buck to see if he'd want a certain player or not.

Archived