• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this mean that Boog's is history?

Gotta admit I'm in the mood for a pit beef sandwich and some hot sauce.

Other than Boog's, the food at the yard makes McDonald's look like a five star restaurant.

This offseason is already off to a great start.

A good omen for what's to come.

I can't imagine Boog's is going anywhere. In any stadium review I've ever read about OPACY everyone raves about Boog's. It's a staple...I get the feeling that Boog's was run independently of Aramark. The food quality is just light years better ;)

Because Buck is sick of the Red Sox and Yankees fans walking over the Orioles fans like a doormat and letting them treat OPACY like their home park.

It's about time somebody did something about this and I am not surprised that Showalter was the one to make it happen.

You can't buy a single shred of Orioles gear at Fenway, and there's a reason for that. Team pride. And Aramark is the vendor there. You don't cater to your outside visitors, you cater to your home fans.

Aramark just cared about making the most money possible, which is why they likely catered to the visiting fans at the stadium. They wanted to capitalize on Fenway South as it was good business. The Orioles however let them do this, and it's no shocker MacPhail was in support of it. He doesn't understand that what Aramark was doing was demoralizing the fanbase.

Oriole Park can still be a good place for visiting fans to take in a game without selling their team's merchandise in the stadium.

You just contradicted yourself there.

First of all, I'd have to guess that Boston is one of the top two or three merchandise teams in the major leagues. NY has to be #1...if Boston isn't #2, I'd love to know who is.

The merch stores at Fenway don't have to sell anything else other than Boston gear. Why would they sell anything else? They're home to one of the most popular teams in the game.

Aramark (and the Orioles, which you've reminded us of several times) care about making the most money possible. Therefore, they stock out of town gear. However, outside of the Warehouse Store, I didn't see any out of town gear at the merch booths when I was walking around the concourse this past Sunday.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I'm assuming that the Orioles get a cut off all merchandise sales inside the stadium. And if the Warehouse store sells a bunch of items to out of town fans that brings in significant revenue that'd otherwise come from jacking up ticket prices, I'm all for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them not sell anything else other than O's gear, however I can't get upset at anyone for making smart business moves...and if it means making money for the Orioles off the backs of Sox/Yanks fans who need to buy some merch when they come to a game at OPACY, I don't care.

Does this mean that Boog's is history?

Gotta admit I'm in the mood for a pit beef sandwich and some hot sauce.

Other than Boog's, the food at the yard makes McDonald's look like a five star restaurant.

This offseason is already off to a great start.

A good omen for what's to come.

It's Boog's BBQ not Aramark BBQ. He's not going anywhere.

Because Buck is sick of the Red Sox and Yankees fans walking over the Orioles fans like a doormat and letting them treat OPACY like their home park.

It's about time somebody did something about this and I am not surprised that Showalter was the one to make it happen.

You can't buy a single shred of Orioles gear at Fenway, and there's a reason for that. Team pride. And Aramark is the vendor there. You don't cater to your outside visitors, you cater to your home fans.

Aramark just cared about making the most money possible, which is why they likely catered to the visiting fans at the stadium. They wanted to capitalize on Fenway South as it was good business. The Orioles however let them do this, and it's no shocker MacPhail was in support of it. He doesn't understand that what Aramark was doing was demoralizing the fanbase.

Oriole Park can still be a good place for visiting fans to take in a game without selling their team's merchandise in the stadium.

Do you write your own material?

I can't imagine Boog's is going anywhere. In any stadium review I've ever read about OPACY everyone raves about Boog's. It's a staple...I get the feeling that Boog's was run independently of Aramark. The food quality is just light years better ;)

You just contradicted yourself there.

First of all, I'd have to guess that Boston is one of the top two or three merchandise teams in the major leagues. NY has to be #1...if Boston isn't #2, I'd love to know who is.

The merch stores at Fenway don't have to sell anything else other than Boston gear. Why would they sell anything else? They're home to one of the most popular teams in the game.

Aramark (and the Orioles, which you've reminded us of several times) care about making the most money possible. Therefore, they stock out of town gear. However, outside of the Warehouse Store, I didn't see any out of town gear at the merch booths when I was walking around the concourse this past Sunday.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I'm assuming that the Orioles get a cut off all merchandise sales inside the stadium. And if the Warehouse store sells a bunch of items to out of town fans that brings in significant revenue that'd otherwise come from jacking up ticket prices, I'm all for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them not sell anything else other than O's gear, however I can't get upset at anyone for making smart business moves...and if it means making money for the Orioles off the backs of Sox/Yanks fans who need to buy some merch when they come to a game at OPACY, I don't care.

Merchandising revenue is split evenly for all the clubs I believe, so the Orioles selling Yankees and Red Sox merchandise not only benefits them but those two teams and 27 others as well.

So the Orioles get 1/30th of the profit. That to me isn't worth selling some Red Sox or Yankee gear in OPACY and pissing off fans to boot.

Memorial Stadium used to stock caps and pennants for all the American League teams when I was a kid. Didn't seem to hurt the Orioles or their fans very much back then.

While it may have been through unofficial vendors just outside the ballpark, I did see a small selection of Orioles gear for sale at Fenway last time I was there (2009).

Memorial Stadium used to stock caps and pennants for all the American League teams when I was a kid. Didn't seem to hurt the Orioles or their fans very much back then.

While it may have been through unofficial vendors just outside the ballpark, I did see a small selection of Orioles gear for sale at Fenway last time I was there (2009).

Right you might see stuff outside Fenway, but never at their team store.

I only wish ours could be that packed with Orioles stuff and if they become good again, it just might be...

You're really comparing the Orioles to the Red Sox. Really? You're really trying to compare one of the worst teams in baseball to one of the best enterprises in all of sports.

I want to root for Buck Showalter. But damn nation you're making me border-line rooting for him to fail just to make you look like even more of a fool.

Merchandising revenue is split evenly for all the clubs I believe, so the Orioles selling Yankees and Red Sox merchandise not only benefits them but those two teams and 27 others as well.

So the Orioles get 1/30th of the profit. That to me isn't worth selling some Red Sox or Yankee gear in OPACY and pissing off fans to boot.

This is true, however I do also think the O's get more due to the fact it was sold in their store.

I mean, you want us to spend a ton of money on high priced FA's and compete with the Sox and Yankees for talent. I'd think you'd want us to get rich any way possible so we could.

It's Boog's BBQ not Aramark BBQ. He's not going anywhere.

Boog went to the radio booth during a pre-gaim rain delay this season and sat down for a chat during which Boog mentioned how he was able to put together the BBQ stand with the help of a guy that worked for Aramark, whom he had met at a charity golf tournament.

So, who knows what involvement Aramark has with the BBQ stands.

Archived