• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see local restaurants have more presence. I guess they also have Boardwalk Fries which is an MD thing, too.

All I know is Nats Park has stuff like Ben's Chili Bowl, 5 guys and other local food shops set up there and it's pretty nice. I remember when I went to the Reds park you could get Skyline Chili there.

Let me get this straight.

Aramark caters to both Fenway and Orioles Park. However, they only sell out of town merchandise in Baltimore. They don't do this in Boston because, one assumes, the Red Sox tell them not to do it. So the solution to this, rather than simply telling them not to do so, is to fire them altogether?

And for this we have Showalter to thank, because of a comment he made about the out of town fans at his news conference?

As long as we're digging up quotes to support ones argument...

A majority of the fans who have come to the Camden Yards have supported the opposing team. Angelos said he has noticed the trend, but is not as bothered by as some of his Orioles contemporaries.

"We don't mind that," he said. "The fans who come to support their team bring their children with them. They are not a bunch of rowdies. Many bring their entire family to the ballpark, and I think that's a compliment to the game of baseball. They patronize the merchants and the local business. And soon we'll get the fans back, because we'll make the necessary moves and acquisitions to compete favorably."

source - mlb.com Sept 28, 2005

There you have it folks, mighty Buck Showalter is even more powerful than Angelos when it comes to the pink hatters who invade Camden Yards.:D

It's about time somebody did something about this and I am not surprised that Showalter was the one to make it happen.

Good to see that you have made up your mind, with a complete lack of anything that could remotely be considered evidence.

Memorial Stadium used to stock caps and pennants for all the American League teams when I was a kid. Didn't seem to hurt the Orioles or their fans very much back then.

Yep, and more than the American League. I bought a Cubs baseball (and a hat I believe) at Memorial Stadium when I was a kid. Even at a young age I thought that was a bit odd.

Aramark, I believe was the reason that Red Sox and Yankees gear was being sold at OPACY.

It wouldn't surprise me if Buck had some input here because of that.

Good riddance!

You made me laugh so hard I was just blotting tears from my cheeks. I'm not making that up.:laughlol::laughlol::P

Since it is referred to as "a concessionaire of national significance" in the story, I am going to guess that it is Levy Restaurants. That is really the only other significant company that I can think of that does stadium concessions. And there is not really a big difference between them and Aramark. Just a guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levy_Restaurants

There you have it folks, mighty Buck Showalter is even more powerful than Angelos when it comes to the pink hatters who invade Camden Yards.:D

Or Buck convinced Angelos that he needed to stop catering to out of town fans to help get rid of the culture of losing and make the ballpark more hometown friendly.

Remember this is the same guy that took down a picture of OPACY in the managers office that was there since the stadium opened because in the photo the bases were loaded against the Orioles.

Buck pays attention to stuff like this...and that's a good thing.

JTrea post without JTreafilter

Aramark, I believe was the reason that Red Sox and Yankees gear was being sold at OPACY.

It wouldn't surprise me if Buck had some input here because of that.

Good riddance!

JTrea post with JTreafilter

eve was the son that Red Sox and Yankees ear was old at OPACY.

I would rise if Buck had put her cause of hat.

Go dance!

Ah much better.....

Archived