• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or Buck convinced Angelos that he needed to stop catering to out of town fans to help get rid of the culture of losing and make the ballpark more hometown friendly.

Remember this is the same guy that took down a picture of OPACY in the managers office that was there since the stadium opened because in the photo the bases were loaded against the Orioles.

Buck pays attention to stuff like this...and that's a good thing.

Why would it be necessary to fire Aramark rather than have the same no out-of-town deal that Boston has?

Why you're struggling for an answer to that, consider it is possible that firing Aramark had nothing to do with merchandise sales.

Showalter met with Angelos on this? Knee-slapper.:D

Or Buck convinced Angelos that he needed to stop catering to out of town fans to help get rid of the culture of losing and make the ballpark more hometown friendly.

Remember this is the same guy that took down a picture of OPACY in the managers office that was there since the stadium opened because in the photo the bases were loaded against the Orioles.

Buck pays attention to stuff like this...and that's a good thing.

I'm with you on this one, JTrea. I don't necessarily know if Buck was involved, but I hate the way we cater to the Red Sox and Yankees. I hate that we pride ourselves on being the most opposing-fan-friendly park. What that results in is hearing "Let's Go Red Sox" chants loud enough to take over the entire park during games.

I don't mind opposing fans. I wouldn't advocate dumping beers on their heads. However, it ticks me off when there are more of their fans than there are of ours.

I don't get the Skyline Chili love-fest that goes on around here.

I've been here for 2 months and not once have I found a person not from the Cincinnati area that enjoys that **** in a bowl.

(The "secret": apparently there's cinnamon sugar and chocolate in their chili.)

Why would it be necessary to fire Aramark rather than have the same no out-of-town deal that Boston has?

Why you're struggling for an answer to that, consider it is possible that firing Aramark had nothing to do with merchandise sales.

Showalter met with Angelos on this? Knee-slapper.:D

Aramark may have refused to not sell Yankees and Red Sox merchandise at OPACY.

Did people miss this post?

Yep, I have it on good authority that "Get Rid of Aramark" was at the top of Buck's off season to-do list. And get this, I hear MacPhail was behind Aramark all the way on this one.

Makes you wonder - who's in charge here?

If this was sarcasm he sure as heck got me, but it sure doesn't sound like it.

You'll have to ask Austin, but I thought he was making fun of you for your ridiculous theories.

Austin was clearly being sarcastic.

However, it does not surprise me whatsoever that you weren't able to detect it.

Well you've got to wonder why the Orioles suddenly decided to end their relationship with Aramark when they've been there since the stadium opened.

Even the MSA doesn't know why.

Buck having a role in that with his comments about the Yankees and Red Sox fans taking over the stadium and his comments about earning the fans trust and respect back makes sense...

Well you've got to wonder why the Orioles suddenly decided to end their relationship with Aramark when they've been there since the stadium opened.

Even the MSA doesn't know why.

Buck having a role in that with his comments about the Yankees and Red Sox fans taking over the stadium and his comments about earning the fans trust and respect back makes sense...

Well had you paid attention last offseason, you'd realize this isn't as sudden as you think it is.

The Orioles just last year considered replacing Aramark, and even had opened up a bidding process before ultimately going back with Aramark.

Buck having any role in this whatsoever makes little sense. I'm sure he has far more important things on his mind, such as the makeup of the coaching staff for next season. Unless you think the food concessionaire stuff was truly top priority ahead of that...

Archived