• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be committing some sort of cardinal sin of Oriole fandom, but I've had good pit beef and good barbecue in my life before, and Boog's is incredibly average. I only defend Boog's in the same way I defend Natty Boh; local sentiment wins out sometimes.

I don't know if Aramark has anything to do with Boogs, but I'd be excited if they did because it could mean that I'd get a better pit beef sandwich from them.

I'm not sure what's worse, this thread, or the Tillman wallpaper scandal. I still think the Tillman thread is tops, but it's running neck and neck.

Maybe Aramark will make the newest team calendar, put Justin Smoak in instead of Tillman and then Buck can eat it.

/lasttimeiwillhijackthisthreadisweartogod

Man...some of you guys suck.

With Buck Showalter's admitted reputation as a micro-manager, JTrea's speculation really isn't that far-fetched. Even if you think it's ridiculous, the trolling that's gone on in this thread was uncalled for.

I've been quick to step in to moderate as necessary when JTrea crosses the line, but that's far from the case with this thread.

Most of you are better than this. Come on.

With Buck Showalter's admitted reputation as a micro-manager, JTrea's speculation really isn't that far-fetched. Even if you think it's ridiculous, the trolling that's gone on in this thread was uncalled for.

I've been quick to step in to moderate as necessary when JTrea crosses the line, but that's far from the case with this thread.

Yea, I kind of agree with Trea on some level here.

As I said, I know for a fact that the O's hate Aramark..They butted heads with them a lot.

It is quite possible that Buck was the final straw.

Remember, this is the guy that took a picture down because it showed the Yankees having the bases loaded. He is extremely detail oriented and doesn't want that atmosphere around.

Uncalled-for trolling or not, there is no way one can justify what he apparently said as not far-fetched.

I mean, what is next? Is he going to change the uniforms? Start pointing out fans to the ushers who don't cheer enough? Demand the demolition of the Hilton? He's the frickin' MANAGER. He runs the team on the field, and probably will have significant say in the personnel decisions the team will make.

Save everything else for the movie on the miracle World Series run in 2011. Or better yet, the crappy novelization.

Yea, I kind of agree with Trea on some level here.

As I said, I know for a fact that the O's hate Aramark..They butted heads with them a lot.

It is quite possible that Buck was the final straw.

Remember, this is the guy that took a picture down because it showed the Yankees having the bases loaded. He is extremely detail oriented and doesn't want that atmosphere around.

Yeah, and when we go sign a couple free agents it will all be because Buck is in control while MacPhail sits in a corner with nothing to do.

You aren't "kind of" agreeing. You are using his exact logic of looking at some small thing and extrapolating an entire back- and future-story based on it. That makes for a great story, and if we were writing Orioles fan fiction it would be just fine. Unfortunately, we're trying to decipher actual decisions made in the real world, including one that you yourself say has been discussed for nearly a decade.

I may be committing some sort of cardinal sin of Oriole fandom, but I've had good pit beef and good barbecue in my life before, and Boog's is incredibly average. I only defend Boog's in the same way I defend Natty Boh; local sentiment wins out sometimes.

I don't know if Aramark has anything to do with Boogs, but I'd be excited if they did because it could mean that I'd get a better pit beef sandwich from them.

I'll agree with this. I mean, for ballpark fare, it's definitely good eats but as far as BBQ goes it's definitely not the best around.

And I also agree...local sentiment and team legend/fan favorite wins out sometimes. I mean, if it was just a regular BBQ stand out in CF and not affiliated with Boog, would it be as popular? Probably not.

I rarely get a sandwich there because I think it's pretty overpriced for what it is...I mean, all ballpark food is overpriced, but I'm gonna get some BBQ I'm gonna head somewhere else and spend just as much for more food and better quality.

I will join you in that sin. Boog's is nowhere near a good as Red Hot & Blue and Boh is just PBR in a different can.

Some of us suck? Some of us? Really?

The Prophet of the One True Way takes the Hangout on tours of Bat S**t Crazytown 10 or 15 times a day, and it's us who suck?

That's it. My offer is up to $30. In fact, I'll give $50 to anyone who can come up with documented evidence that Buck Showalter even knew who held the concessions contract at Camden Yards before yesterday. And if he did, perhaps Buck and the Prophet lunch daily in Bat S**t Crazytown.

Unbelievable. There had better have been an assload of :rolleyes: in the quoted post that made themselves invisible.

:puke:

Maybe I will get nicked again for this but you brought it up. Some of us were trying to point out how the twisting any story to fit into a certain posters fantasy is just crazy. I was doing it in a comical way that was not an attack of the poster. You have the enforcement power so I guess you got me. But there really should be some standard about post having some remote basis in reality. Buck is without a doubt not involved In this situation. Not even a little tiny bit. I like to talk about my beloved team but how many threads is it ok to start when the entire premise is made up BS? Me and that poster hardly ever agree but I don't mind exchanging ideas about the team, I guess it is how he always tries to force his reality into every thread that I make a joke out of his posts.

I like the idea people have suggested of bringing in some of the local popular restaurants in to the park. gave huge props to the Pirates for incorporating Primanti's in to their stadium. It's a great idea. The one good thing I will say about the stadium food and beverages is that the beer variety is good. Had a Guinness with my Boog's BBQ sandwich while I was at a game this yearl. Loved that. So yeah bring in some local businesses and I think it will be a hit.

Archived