The Nationals Park "experience" indicates that many local eateries don't translate very well to a ballpark setting. Now, this could be incompetence on the part of the Nationals, or this could be a universal thing.

When I was in Cleveland a few years back, I was stunned by the variety of foods available. Didn't sample that many, so I can't address the quality issue, but the variety was astounding.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the idea people have suggested of bringing in some of the local popular restaurants in to the park. gave huge props to the Pirates for incorporating Primanti's in to their stadium. It's a great idea. The one good thing I will say about the stadium food and beverages is that the beer variety is good. Had a Guinness with my Boog's BBQ sandwich while I was at a game this yearl. Loved that. So yeah bring in some local businesses and I think it will be a hit.

I agree. Why we don't have a bunch of crab cakes from local places in our park is ridiculous.

Also, I agree with Mad Mark's Bat (crap) post completely. I'd like to avoid the dozen tours of said town each day too.

I agree. Why we don't have a bunch of crab cakes from local places in our park is ridiculous.

Also, I agree with Mad Mark's Bat (crap) post completely. I'd like to avoid the dozen tours of said town each day too.

monkeylisted

I picture Buck tearing into the warehouse store and turning over all the stands with non-Orioles memoriabilia on it. All the store employees just stand around wide eyed with their mouths gaping open. Buck lets out a roar and quickly exits the store that is now in shambles and runs upstairs, grabs the Aramark contract and rips it to pieces.

I picture Buck tearing into the warehouse store and turning over all the stands with non-Orioles memoriabilia on it. All the store employees just stand around wide eyed with their mouths gaping open. Buck lets out a roar and quickly exits the store that is now in shambles and runs upstairs, grabs the Aramark contract and rips it to pieces.

He's like Jesus expelling the moneylenders from the Temple.

At least in the minds of some.

Since this thread is already bizarro world, thanks to the one true prophet... :rolleyes:

Boog's is NOT BBQ. It's not even slow cooked! Don't get me wrong, it's very good grilled meat (if not exorbitantly expensive...) for pit beef, but it is NOT in the same universe as REAL BBQ. :rolleyes:

On Aramark, a foot-long hot dog used to be more than a skinny 8 incher. ;)

I bought an Orioles hat the one time I went to (old) Yankee Stadium. Never been to Fenway. Sales is sales. All this MLB merchandising is all split up evenly. Trea and his conspiracy theories just makes himself look whackier and more out of touch with reality. Seriously, if he didn't live way the hell up in damn Maine I'd try to reach out and try to bring him back to the land of the cognizant. The guy is losing it by the day.... :ohlord:

Since this thread is already bizarro world, thanks to the one true prophet... :rolleyes:

Boog's is NOT BBQ. It's not even slow cooked! Don't get me wrong, it's very good grilled meat (if not exorbitantly expensive...) for pit beef, but it is NOT in the same universe as REAL BBQ. :rolleyes:

I've had Boog's Beef at OPACY and at his place in OC. I think the meat is smoked somewhere else and is just reheated on the grill when you order it.

Yea, I kind of agree with Trea on some level here.

As I said, I know for a fact that the O's hate Aramark..They butted heads with them a lot.

It is quite possible that Buck was the final straw.

Remember, this is the guy that took a picture down because it showed the Yankees having the bases loaded. He is extremely detail oriented and doesn't want that atmosphere around.

Do you even realize how ridiculous his posts are in this thread? He made the leap in logic of Aramark being canned equaling no more Yanks/Sox merch at the Warehouse store. He's acting like it's a given that that's gonna happen.

Buck takes down a picture in the office of OPACY with the bases loaded full of Yankees and all of a sudden because Aramark is gone, Buck had a hand in it and there's no more visiting club merchandise?

Do you even realize how ridiculous his posts are in this thread? He made the leap in logic of Aramark being canned equaling no more Yanks/Sox merch at the Warehouse store. He's acting like it's a given that that's gonna happen.

Buck takes down a picture in the office of OPACY with the bases loaded full of Yankees and all of a sudden because Aramark is gone, Buck had a hand in it and there's no more visiting club merchandise?

I will let all of you guys analyze and nitpick every little thing he says....I don't feel like doing that.

I will just go to the bottom line.

As I said before, the Orioles never really liked ARAmark and butted heads with them a lot.

I think it is very POSSIBLE that Buck got wind of stuff like this and put his 2 cents in and wanted them gone...It is very POSSIBLE that this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Ultimately, I think the most likely scenario is just that ARAmark blows and the Orioles knew it..But I also think it would be naive to at least not recognize that it is possible that Buck at least said something that maybe put the Orioles over the top with their decision.

I will let all of you guys analyze and nitpick every little thing he says....I don't feel like doing that.

I will just go to the bottom line.

As I said before, the Orioles never really liked ARAmark and butted heads with them a lot.

I think it is very POSSIBLE that Buck got wind of stuff like this and put his 2 cents in and wanted them gone...It is very POSSIBLE that this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Ultimately, I think the most likely scenario is just that ARAmark blows and the Orioles knew it..But I also think it would be naive to at least not recognize that it is possible that Buck at least said something that maybe put the Orioles over the top with their decision.

I'm not nitpicking anything, really. At least you can say that it's POSSIBLE and not act like that it's exactly what happened.

I dunno though, I love Buck as much as anyone else here, but is he going to get credit for every little positive change moving forward? Is he going to get credit for telling the groundskeepers to mow the lawn in a different direction that'll induce more bunts from opposing teams to roll foul?

Archived