Is there a more enjoyable sight than Yankee fans fleeing Yankee Stadium?

Frobby

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a game not involving the Orioles as much as I did last night's. It was a tight, tense game and you are wondering if the Yankees are going to find a way to come back. The Rangers score a couple of insurance runs, the floodgates open....and....the...Yankee....fans.....start.....LEAVING! First they show the people in the mortgage-your-house seats behind home plate getting up to go. Then they show people all over the stadium filling the aisles. Then they pan outside the stadium and the sidewalks are just crammed with escaping Yankee fans.

Man, I'd like to see that the next two nights.

Sure sign that fans are bored with playoff baseball in New York.

Can anyone here imagine themselves leaving in the 9th inning of a blowout if the Orioles make it to the ALCS?

The other knock on NY fans was that they started throwing beer bottles into the Ranger bullpen in the top of the ninth during the 2nd pitching change. NY fans just dropped a notch in my book.

The other knock on NY fans was that they started throwing beer bottles into the Ranger bullpen in the top of the ninth during the 2nd pitching change. NY fans just dropped a notch in my book.

There was a way they could drop below where they already were?

No, in truth, I know a lot of good baseball fans from New York. But they are outnumbered 10-1 by obnoxious fans who feel entitled to see their team win the World Series every year.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a game not involving the Orioles as much as I did last night's. It was a tight, tense game and you are wondering if the Yankees are going to find a way to come back. The Rangers score a couple of insurance runs, the floodgates open....and....the...Yankee....fans.....start.....LEAVING! First they show the people in the mortgage-your-house seats behind home plate getting up to go. Then they show people all over the stadium filling the aisles. Then they pan outside the stadium and the sidewalks are just crammed with escaping Yankee fans.

I would prefer to see Jeter sitting in the dugout looking dejected as Arod strikes out and the Yankees are eliminated from post season play.

There was a way they could drop below where they already were?

No, in truth, I know a lot of good baseball fans from New York. But they are outnumbered 10-1 by obnoxious fans who feel entitled to see their team win the World Series every year.

Red Sox fans are at the bottom for me. Yankee fans are in the bottom 3rd but they definitely have some class.

The only game I went to in NY was a day game against the Orioles in 2008 (Yankee Stadium final year). I was decked in O's gear and cheered loudly from the bleachers but the O's got clobbered. About halfway through the game, a little kid (maybe 12-14) was standing up and trying to mock the handful of Oriole fans in our section. It got so annoying and so pathetic that several New Yorkers were saying "hey kid, shut up already." As you said, there are some really decent New York fans out there.

But they lost a bit of respect for me after last night.

I'd like to see the Yankees down 3-1 with an opportunity to win the game in the bottom of the ninth in game 5.

Bases loaded, two outs, Arod up at the dish. Hits a ground ball to short and is called out on the throw to first. After viewing the replay, it's clear as day that he's safe.

Choke on that all winter.

I remember going to a Yankee/Balt game at old Yankee stadium years ago. The Orioles were losing for a good portion of the game and then they got to Andy P and took a big lead..Fans were leaving early...After hearing these guys talk smack to me and others I was with, I was asking them, where are you going, talking right back to them...it was great.

I'd like to see the Yankees down 3-1 with an opportunity to win the game in the bottom of the ninth in game 5.

Bases loaded, two outs, Arod up at the dish. Hits a ground ball to short and is called out on the throw to first. After viewing the replay, it's clear as day that he's safe.

Choke on that all winter.

Cameras would be installed November 7th and Bud would proudly announce that he's heard everyone's complaints about replay and will be instigating a full overhaul of the system for 2011.

I loved it. I was chatting with a friend of mine who is a Rangers fan during the game and he's been through the good and bad times so he remembers the 90's when the Yankees absolutely dominated Texas in post saeason. I was loving it too. I love watching great pitching and Lee was amazing. I looked at his post-season stats last night for his career and they are something else. I don't hate all their fans and in fact have some friends who are Yankee fans but I've been glad to see how quiet they've got after how cocky they got after they came back in Game 1. They probably thought that the Rangers were finished. My problemw with Yankee fans is the entitlement attitude tehy have. Their fans are spoiled rottien. The team has missed the playoffs once since 1995. People say oh they don't win it every year so there is parity miss the big picture. The MFY are basically able to buy themselves a playoff berth every year. I love seeing them fail. Here's hoping Burnett falls flat tonight.

It is so wonderful when you see them crying:clap3:

:rofl::mwahaha:

Archived