Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, I prefer Aybar to Wood. Yes, he does not have Wood's power, but Wood is a liablity in the field, and strikes out way, way too much at the minor league level - AA ball for God's sake. He'll strike out even more in the majors.

Get a quality fielding SS like Aybar who can hit. Look for power elsewhere.

I like Santana-Aybar for the base, and with adding some more players perhaps Kotchman can be pryed, and young Adenhart. I don't think Kendrick can be had at this point.

I like Santana-Aybar-Kotchman-Adenhart for Mig and Rlo and if need be add in Conine or Javy.

Frankly, I prefer Aybar to Wood. Yes, he does not have Wood's power, but Wood is a liablity in the field, and strikes out way, way too much at the minor league level - AA ball for God's sake. He'll strike out even more in the majors.

Get a quality fielding SS like Aybar who can hit. Look for power elsewhere.

I like Santana-Aybar for the base, and with adding some more players perhaps Kotchman can be pryed, and young Adenhart. I don't think Kendrick can be had at this point.

I like Santana-Aybar-Kotchman-Adenhart for Mig and Rlo and if need be add in Conine or Javy.

Aybar is a .750-.800 OPS SS max, which is good for a SS, but not really that good in general. His defense is "good" (not great), and his stealing bases skills are seriously lacking (51 steals:: 36 times caught)

From the guys we are willing to trade no one other than Tejada has any trade value. Why would the Angels want any of our leftovers in Conine, Javy, Rodrigo, or Hawkins.

I wouldn't poo-poo some of the "leftovers". We know they've had interest in Conine. Given his recent good streak, he could be a solid bench player for them.

I'd shoot higher, but if all we get is Wood and Adenhart, which is what I think they'd be willing to give us, I'd settle. I'd be excited if we retool with youth and make a run at 2008. Miggy, God love him, isn't our salvation, and there's no sense in overvaluing what hasn't brought us to a winning season. Wood, Adenhart and Miggy's money for an off-season FA, assuming they'll spend it.

We won't get Santana, and we won't get Kendrick. Stoneman overvalues his players as much as we do.

Thanks for the info, bb.

I'm hoping we are angling towards Santana, Aybar, Adenhart and Morales/Kotchman. That would be a haul. Perhaps a bit much, but I need Adenhart with Aybar if we don't get BW or Kendrick.

I doubt Rivera is included in this package. He has been a monster offensively.

I do think Conine will be included as the LAA missed out on Broussard and are clearly looking in that direction.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but what if we added RLo to the Tejada/Conine package for Santana and friends? I still am having trouble figuring out why the Angels would deal Santana... but I digress. A few others have mentioned Benson, but Rodrigo may be the guy dealt.

Tejada/RLo/Conine

Santana/Kotchman/Aybar/Mendoza (A-ball RH SP)

Wow, this makes the 12,659th trade proposal... :D

Thanks for the info, bb.

I'm hoping we are angling towards Santana, Aybar, Adenhart and Morales/Kotchman. That would be a haul. Perhaps a bit much, but I need Adenhart with Aybar if we don't get BW or Kendrick.

I doubt Rivera is included in this package. He has been a monster offensively.

I do think Conine will be included as the LAA missed out on Broussard and are clearly looking in that direction.

I agree with you that that package would be outstanding, but I am already having trouble believing Santana is part of the package, but adding Adenhart double-whammy's them in the pitching department. We can always hope :D

Archived