Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting, I didn't know Figgins was playing CF for them, I thought he was their 3B. That changes things.

Kotchman is on the DL, but technically is that 25 man roster?

I'd like Rivera too, but I doubt they'd trade one of their starters without a replacement....

I've done some thinking, and based on BB's info...

So they're offering two prospects. I'd imagine they're a mix of what we've tossed around in Wood/Aybar/Adenhart etc. Pick two.

And two men from the 25 man. One would have to be Santana.

The others...

Not Scott Shields, obviously. They'll need him desperately to make and compete in the playoffs.

Not another starting pitcher.

Maybe Figgins.

Maybe Kotchman.

But don't forget that we could still be taking Cabrera back.

I've done some thinking, and based on BB's info...

So they're offering two prospects. I'd imagine they're a mix of what we've tossed around in Wood/Aybar/Adenhart etc. Pick two.

And two men from the 25 man. One would have to be Santana.

The others...

Not Scott Shields, obviously. They'll need him desperately to make and compete in the playoffs.

Not another starting pitcher.

Maybe Figgins.

Maybe Kotchman.

But don't forget that we could still be taking Cabrera back.

Wasn't it confirmed that Wood & Santana were definitely two pieces of the package?

I'm sure Angelos is aware we're trying to move Tejada

I would actually doubt this. He doesn't seem like the type of owner who's "intuned" to baseball. Im sure he's been busy with clients and asbestos claims and has no clue what type of market is out there for Tejada.

Wasn't it confirmed that Wood & Santana were definitely two pieces of the package?

Like I said, I'm just using what BB's told us. Rosenthal had Santana and I think Aybar straight up for Tejada. BB is talking about four guys.

You mean make themselves available to be ready to review?

If so, you would have a fair point, but if we are really THIS close, I'm ready to see what happens.

My response was based mainly on Tony's info the other day. You would think, and hope, Angelos realizes there is a deadline looming in the very near future...but, I struggle to feel confident he does. If he doesn't want to deal Tejada, that's one thing...if he can't be reached, that's another thing entirely.

Why do we want another catcher?

I don't understand. Let's get someone who will help, not someone who will sit on the bench

I wouldnt mind getting Mathis but not if it keeps us from getting someone we can start. We will need another catcher next season with Javy leaving and we cant play Ramon everyday like this.

Bigbird said the Os asked for Wood and Santana. Rosenthal reported that the Angels offered Santana and Aybar.

I hope its Wood, the guy is MASHER. We're so dearth of offensive prospects and being able to replace a power hitting shortstop with another power hitting shortstop would be quite the coup.

Sorry, BB, No disrespect meant ---But I don't believe it.

I believe this is what you are hearing, but I don't believe it is true. It makes no sense.

You are saying that the Angels are going to trade their top winning pitcher to help themselves in a pennant race. Not happenin'.

Pitching wins and with Santana, Lackey and Weaver they have a chance in the playoffs. Without Santana they are dead meat.

The only way this works is if the O's include Bedard and that ain't happenin' either.

Maybe there is a deal for Miggy with the Angels, but I find it very hard to believe the Angels are trading Santana. Not when Colon has been just plain bad.

Hasn't Peter gone on record strongly stating Migs is not going anywhere? I can't believe he would allow a\this trade.

This is true... But why would there even be rumors then? If Angelos told Duquette and Flanagan directly that Tejada wasn't going anywhere then they'd have already said no to everybody, and there wouldn't be offers flying around.

Archived