Holy Crap I Just Had a Nightmarish Flashback to Jeffrey Maier

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll never wish injury on any player.

But I am really not upset right now. Far, far, far from it. Poor Horseface McGee has to be helped off the field and I can't wipe the smile off my face.

He'll be back. It wasn't a career-ender or anything.

...so feel free to smile. I am.

For starters, he could schedule WS games before kids have to go to bed. Instead, he and the owners are concerned only with maximizing profit now at the expense of the future of the game. Also, along with what SteveA said, he cancelled the WS in '94 and had the AS game end in a tie.

He moved World Series games to 757 PM. This year Game 3 will start on a Saturday at 657 PM. We live in a country with 4 time zones you can't please everyone. Today in San Fran they played at 120pm locally when kids were still in school. In Philly kids were home. You can't please both.This isn't the NFL where every playoff game is played on a Saturday or Sunday.

I have never understood how Selig was at fault for the All Star Game ending in a tie he wasn't the one going through the bullpens like crazy, it was the managers. If MLB would of ordered the game to continue and a pitcher gets hurt he never would of heard the end of it.

In New Yankee $tadium, they built a MOAT between the ultra rich and the merely rich...but somehow, they couldn't afford more than 2 feet of wall between the opposing right fielder and those inbread douchebags???

That stadium is two years old! How was this not accounted for...oh, wait...it was...exactly how they wanted it accounted for.

He moved World Series games to 757 PM. This year Game 3 will start on a Saturday at 657 PM. We live in a country with 4 time zones you can't please everyone. Today in San Fran they played at 120pm locally when kids were still in school. In Philly kids were home. You can't please both.This isn't the NFL where every playoff game is played on a Saturday or Sunday.

I have never understood how Selig was at fault for the All Star Game ending in a tie he wasn't the one going through the bullpens like crazy, it was the managers. If MLB would of ordered the game to continue and a pitcher gets hurt he never would of heard the end of it.

A majority of the population lives in the east. 8:00 p.m. WS games are still too late, as they won't end until 11 at the earliest, and not many kids are going to be allowed to stay up that late. Also, Saturday isn't a school day, so it's not that big of a deal that it starts at 7.

Your metaphor doesn't work, because your argument is that no one is talking about these things before a notable event happens. Which is simply not the case.

You're equating media galvanization (and the response that always comes) with general discussion. And there was plenty of discussion of those issues before the events you bring up.

What was done about those things? Nothing. People who don't follow horse racing and only follow the triple crown went nuts over Barabaro, every day horses died. America's new moral compass Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison a head hunter himself said they think suspensions should be in order for dirty hits. I remeber guys like Chuck Cecil and Andre "Dirty" Waters in the early 90's playing dirty and it takes until 2010 to do something serious about it. My point is in life thing are very rarely nipped in the bud or taken care of before they get out of hand.

Archived