Holy Crap I Just Had a Nightmarish Flashback to Jeffrey Maier

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyday I read about another player getting into trouble and nobody cares. The guy who caught the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl in 2008 is in jail. The guy who caught the winning touchdown the next year has had numerous off the field issues and was suspended for 4 games. The QB who threw the winning TD pass was suspended and is lucky not to be in jail. A dog fighter is playing in the league.

A Ravens coach has had 2 drunk driving incidents in about 4 months and is still coaching. Edwards gets a DUI and the next week catches a big TD pass. A player gers suspended for steroids in MLB they are evil, an NFL player gets suspended people are worried about when they are coming back.

And you obviously don't actually pay attention to football if you don't hear the people who care, or see what the league tries to do to make changes, and has for several years now.

And you obviously don't actually pay attention to football if you don't hear the people who care, or see what the league tries to do to make changes, and has for several years now.

These same players get cheered for God's sake. It took until 10 players on the same Bengals team got arrested and Pac Man Jones for the league to do anything. The Ray Lewis and Rae Carruth incidents happened 6-7 years before that.

You honestly think that both leagues are held to the same standards?

I'll admit that I thought that the Rangers were toast after their meltdown in Game One. They sure have proven me wrong. They have balls of steel. They were royally screwed on the "home run" and still came back to whip the Yankees' asses.

I wonder if Maier still thinks it's funny. Too bad we didn't come back on them. I have to say I'm impressed with the resilency of this Rangers club.

They remind me a lot of the 2002 Angels team that won the WS. They find ways to respond when they're down, and they clearly don't care that they're playing the Yankees in October.

They remind me a lot of the 2002 Angels team that won the WS. They find ways to respond when they're down, and they clearly don't care that they're playing the Yankees in October.

I don't remember that club too well but I will say this, Ron Washington should win manager of the year if he hasn't already with the voters.

Archived