• Rangers in 7
    • Giants in 4
    • Giants in 5
    • Giants in 6
    • Giants in 7

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, the Rangers should win. I think the Giants have a slight edge in starting pitching and the Rangers will be without Vlad(i assume they aren't putting him in the OF) for at least 2 games, so that hurts.

They are playing him in right field in game one. If it goes well, he will stay out there in the games in San Francisco.

You know, Elvis Andrus and Matt Wieters both had nice rookie seasons last year.

This year, they both saw their playing time increase by almost the same amount (25% for Andrus, 30% for Wieters), and their offensive output decreased by exactly the same amount (7% of OPS, using OPS+). They are also both becoming known for their defense (although the numbers are a little kinder to Wieters, however one wants to take defensive numbers for catchers, or overall).

Hearing Buck and McCarver slobber over Andrus as Derek Jeter 2.0 when he put up Izturian power numbers and got thrown out stealing more than a third of the time makes me wonder how we would feel about Wieters had the Orioles made the playoffs with his production.

Would he still be the guy who was supposed to hit but isn't? Or would he be the star-in-the-making leading the pitching staff and contributing in all kinds of intangible ways?

Does Ron Washington know how to manage a bullpen? I'm sure he wants to let guys pitch through their issues, but this is October, not June. If a guy is struggling, don't wait until he's thrown nine straight balls and walked the bases loaded before getting your next pitcher up in the pen. Maybe consider bringing in your best reliever to shut down a rally to keep you in the game?

Ugh.

Game over, World Series over. First championship for the Giants franchise since 1954. It has been a long time coming. This wasn't the most talented Giants team they've ever had, but that didn't matter in the end. Just goes to show, once again, what can happen when you've got great pitching in a short series.

Archived