The giants won the pennant !!!

OFFNY

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are correct:)

Forgiveness is a very powerful thing:clap3:

I love Bobmc:)

I am a work in progress.....not as PERFECT:hearts:as some!!!!

We are all works in progress - nice of you to be humble and admit it! :clap3: In fact, one of my friends, Steve, who you met at one of the pre-game things, his wife said she will place on his tombstone, "A work in progress" - :D. The ultimate ignominy. :(

Jeffrey Maier, Yanks, Aubrey are all on your list for redemption....:P :2yay-thumb:

We are all works in progress - nice of you to be humble and admit it! :clap3: In fact, one of my friends, Steve, who you met at one of the pre-game things, his wife said she will place on his tombstone, "A work in progress" - :D. The ultimate ignominy. :(

Jeffrey Maier, Yanks, Aubrey are all on your list for redemption....:P :2yay-thumb:

LOL:laughlol:

I love Bobmc:clap3:

You kill me!

I know you do not believe me but I am GOOD person with strong FAITH:pray:

Jeff Zrebiec's take:

I also feel really good for Huff, though I’m not sure all of you share that sentiment. I understand Huff burned a lot of bridges with his derogatory comments about the city. I know that his carefree attitude on things, including conditioning, rubbed some people the wrong way. He also didn’t do the Orioles any favors when he followed up his standout 32-homer and 108-RBI 2008 season by hitting just .253 with 13 homers and driving in 72 runs the following year. Once thought to be a pretty good trade chip, Huff fetched only a Single-A reliever back from the Detroit Tigers after the 2009 trade deadline.

But Huff was always a pretty stand-up guy who took accountability for his play. He also had a reputation as a clubhouse cancer from his days with Tampa Bay, but I never found that to be the case in Baltimore. In fact, the young players loved him, and gravitated toward him.

For all his wacky antics, Huff wasn’t afraid to put some of the young players in line and tell them how not to behave. I remember one night in Arlington when the Orioles were swept in a doubleheader by the Texas Rangers. Following Game Two, young shortstop Luis Hernandez was chatting on his cell phone in an otherwise quiet and depressed clubhouse. It was Huff who walked over to him without making a show of it and quietly but sternly told him to hang up the phone or go somewhere else.

During the 2009 season, Huff and Nick Markakis also arranged and financed the purchase of new suits for the Oriole rookies. I know veterans do this kind of stuff for younger players in clubhouses throughout Major League Baseball, but I think it is worth pointing out considering Huff’s reputation.

I haven’t spoken to all of Huff’s former Oriole teammates, but I can almost guarantee you that pretty much every one of them is rooting for the big first baseman to get a World Series ring.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/2010/10/sf_giants_wellrepresented_by_f.html

Jeff Zrebiec's take:

"I also feel really good for Huff, though I’m not sure all of you share that sentiment. I understand Huff burned a lot of bridges with his derogatory comments about the city. I know that his carefree attitude on things, including conditioning, rubbed some people the wrong way. He also didn’t do the Orioles any favors when he followed up his standout 32-homer and 108-RBI 2008 season by hitting just .253 with 13 homers and driving in 72 runs the following year. Once thought to be a pretty good trade chip, Huff fetched only a Single-A reliever back from the Detroit Tigers after the 2009 trade deadline.

But Huff was always a pretty stand-up guy who took accountability for his play. He also had a reputation as a clubhouse cancer from his days with Tampa Bay, but I never found that to be the case in Baltimore. In fact, the young players loved him, and gravitated toward him.

For all his wacky antics, Huff wasn’t afraid to put some of the young players in line and tell them how not to behave. I remember one night in Arlington when the Orioles were swept in a doubleheader by the Texas Rangers. Following Game Two, young shortstop Luis Hernandez was chatting on his cell phone in an otherwise quiet and depressed clubhouse. It was Huff who walked over to him without making a show of it and quietly but sternly told him to hang up the phone or go somewhere else.

During the 2009 season, Huff and Nick Markakis also arranged and financed the purchase of new suits for the Oriole rookies. I know veterans do this kind of stuff for younger players in clubhouses throughout Major League Baseball, but I think it is worth pointing out considering Huff’s reputation.

I haven’t spoken to all of Huff’s former Oriole teammates, but I can almost guarantee you that pretty much every one of them is rooting for the big first baseman to get a World Series ring.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...nted_by_f.html "

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/2010/10/sf_giants_wellrepresented_by_f.html

Bazinga! Great stuff Frobby!

Archived