Chris Ray and Molina guaranteed WS rings

waroriole

Seems crazy, but both of these guys played for each team, and were involved in a trade for each other. Ray likely won't be able to have any effect on what his WS ring looks like, but Molina will. How weird will that be to get a WS ring with the name of the team on it that you just lost to?

Mike Mussina voluntarily left the Orioles as a free agent and signed with the Yankees "to get a ring." He didn't get one.

Chris Ray was traded away from the Orioles to another team besides the Yankees, and he will get a ring.

Poetic justice. :D

Does this mean is a stud reliever?

I mean, I know OldFan hated him but by his logic of guys who win GG or go to an AS game, i would guess that being a WS champion means he is a great player..right? ;)

I find it funny that everyone is talking about Molina getting a ring no matter what but Ray isn't even mentioned.

Ray not being on the playoff roster probably has a lot to do with it.

Personally, if I was on the losing team of the World Series but was guaranteed to get a ring anyway, I don't see how I would find a way to appreciate it. You don't get to celebrate, there's no parade, there's no champagne shower with goggles, your old teammates aren't your teammates anymore... you just get this ring. A ring of consolation that says, "hey, the winning team really didn't need you at the end when it counted (unless you go 0-4, then... hey thanks)"

First instinct would be to say "no thanks" and my second instinct would be to sell it.

Archived