ATTN: Frobby and Sports Guy

beaner

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still mystified by what happened to UNC last year. Their level of effort seemed very uneven, which is quite unusual for a Roy Williams-led team. I'm definitely not expecting that to happen again.

I'm definitely itching for some college hoops. I like football enough, but for me, it's the Orioles and the Blue Devils and no other team really inspires that kind of passion.

I'm still mystified by what happened to UNC last year. Their level of effort seemed very uneven, which is quite unusual for a Roy Williams-led team. I'm definitely not expecting that to happen again.

I'm definitely itching for some college hoops. I like football enough, but for me, it's the Orioles and the Blue Devils and no other team really inspires that kind of passion.

It won't happen again, I can promise you that. Will Graves (since dismissed) was a cancer on that team (from what I've heard), especially to some of the younger players. Expect a big year in Chapel Hill with Harrison Barnes immeadiately becoming a top 10 player nationwide. Duke should be the best team in the country, but we should devleop into a clear second in the ACC.

I feel the exact same way as your second thought. Football is ok to pass the time, but it's all O's and Tar Heels for me.

It won't happen again, I can promise you that. Will Graves (since dismissed) was a cancer on that team (from what I've heard), especially to some of the younger players. Expect a big year in Chapel Hill with Harrison Barnes immeadiately becoming a top 10 player nationwide. Duke should be the best team in the country, but we should devleop into a clear second in the ACC.

I feel the exact same way as your second thought. Football is ok to pass the time, but it's all O's and Tar Heels for me.

You and FRobby really need to find an NBA team to follow religiously. Since it's a superior product to NCAA basketball.

You and FRobby really need to find an NBA team to follow religiously. Since it's a superior product to NCAA basketball.

I love the NBA, but really don't have a passionate team, you're right. I fell in love with Durant a few years ago, but it's hard to root for a team who was stolen from a city like the Thunder was. Durant, Westbrook and crew are really fun to watch though. I root for Carolina players and coaches of course, the Nuggets have the Coach Karl/Ty Lawson combo that I love, Knicks have Donnie Walsh/Raymond Felton, Larry Brown/Michael Jordan run the Bobcats...etc. You get the point.

What makes an NBA game more exciting than NCAA? It's not more exciting, the players don't care as much except for the top tier ones. Crowd/atmosphere in college ten times better, you get a real feel for the game. I also like defense. Also with the playoffs, the single elimination is much better than having to watch teams play at least 4 times if not more.

The NBA and college basketball aren't even comparable (this coming from a guy who is a pretty big Wizards fan).

NBA is full of a bunch guys just looking to cash their fat paychecks and hit up the next strip club. There is no passion in the NBA and I honestly think half the guys don't care if their teams win or lose as long as they 'get theirs'.

I love the Wizards and the NBA playoffs, but to me the NBA is clearly the worst of the big 4 professional sports leagues and it isn't particularly close.

What makes an NBA game more exciting than NCAA? It's not more exciting, the players don't care as much except for the top tier ones. Crowd/atmosphere in college ten times better, you get a real feel for the game. I also like defense. Also with the playoffs, the single elimination is much better than having to watch teams play at least 4 times if not more.

This post is so full of fail I don't know where to begin.

Anyone that thinks NBA players don't play defense clearly cannot be listened to. The reason? NBA players are so elite offensively that even the best defenses cannot stop them. Don't confuse elite offensive production versus the ability to guard 5 unathletic college guys as "not playing defense." It's an insult to NBA players.

The idea of a single-elimination tournament may be more exciting but it's not nearly as fair in determining a champion.

Its not hard to comprehend...Its just wrong.

The NBA blows until the playoffs start.

This post is filled with many sound arguments to back up your premise and is therefore quite convincing.

You'd really rather watch Wisconsin and Ohio State play to a 43-38 final on a random Tuesday night than watch something like Celtics/Heat or Lakers/Spurs?

Archived