Baseball's playoffs could be expanding in two years.

O's are Legends

I'm very much against the idea of extending the division series. Some people might like it, but I'm not a fan of November baseball. Baseball doesn't need to be like the NHL and NBA, where the season just won't end.

If the DS was extended, I would think they would start the season earlier, as they have already done so to make sure that baseball concludes in October next year.

I don't mind the current system, as it actually rewards the top teams instead of teams that barely eclipse .500.

If the DS was extended, I would think they would start the season earlier, as they have already done so to make sure that baseball concludes in October next year.

I don't mind the current system, as it actually rewards the top teams instead of teams that barely eclipse .500.

When are they starting the season? Is it still the first Monday in April and that day happens to fall earlier on the calendar than this year?

Even if they shorten the season it could still be better economically for teams on the bubble. More teams will be in the playoff hunt so there will be more interest from the fans. More interest means higher ratings and more tickets bought.

Personally I'd like to see the season shortened by a month but that really would put a hurt on revenue.

Archived