3. Avery

4. Pelzer

5. Givens

6. Hoes

7. Mahoney

8. Hobgood

9. Townsend

10. Snyder

No way Pelzer is the 4th prospect. He should barely be in the Top 10, even for BA. They will probably have Adams on their list.

No way Pelzer is the 4th prospect. He should barely be in the Top 10, even for BA. They will probably have Adams on their list.

I read on the OH that the O's players that BA mentioned in their top 20 for each league are Britton, Avery, Arrieta (no longer eligible) and Pelzer who was 19th in the Texas League. If none of the other O's players ranked then they should be behind Pelzer. Just my logic.

This is not how I would rank them. This is how I think BA ranked them.

I read on the OH that the O's players that BA mentioned in their top 20 for each league are Britton, Avery, Arrieta (no longer eligible) and Pelzer who was 19th in the Texas League. If none of the other O's players ranked then they should be behind Pelzer. Just my logic.

This is not how I would rank them. This is how I think BA ranked them.

Poor logic.

The league rankings are put together by fellow managers in the league. The Top 10 list will be put together by one of the top scouts at BA, so the two lists are completely different from each other.

I can't find the lists from last year but I am sure if you compared them to the Top 10 list from 2009 they wouldn't match up like you think they would.

And BTW, Pelzer ranked in the Southern League (with the Padres), not in the Eastern League (with the Orioles).

Poor logic.

The league rankings are put together by fellow managers in the league. The Top 10 list will be put together by one of the top scouts at BA, so the two lists are completely different from each other.

I can't find the lists from last year but I am sure if you compared them to the Top 10 list from 2009 they wouldn't match up like you think they would.

And BTW, Pelzer ranked in the Southern League (with the Padres), not in the Eastern League (with the Orioles).

Now see there. Just another example of you knowing way tooo much. You are way too smart.

But as poor as my logic may be, I still have the best list in the thread right now. You know, 90% of being successful is just showing up. :D

I will guess:

1. Manny Machado SS - Callis mancrush loves him

2. Zach Britton LHP - everyone loves him too

3. Mychal Givens SS - he was #9 on their list last year

4. Xavier Avery CF* - he was #13 last year

5. Ronnie Welty RF - they love them some Welty too

6. Matt Hobgood RHP - they will be a little more patient than many of our posters

7. Ryan Adams 2B - there is some supposrt for him there

8. L. J. Hoes 2B - Callis had some positive remarks about LJ a while back, stated he had helped himself quite a bit.

9. Dan Klein RHP - could be higher, but still not sure about starting role vs. reliever

10. Tyler Townsend 1B - sexier pick than Mahoney or Snyder here.

That is who I think they'll pick, but I would not be surprised to see them put Mahoney, Snyder, Ryan Berry, Troy Patton, Caleb Joseph, Wynn Pelzer, Brenden Webb, Chorye Spoone, Brett Jacobson or Brandon Cooney in there either.

If Avery is as high as fourth, it's because there's nothing better, not because he's shown all that much. Doing nothing in Arizona right now and did little after moving up from Frederick last year.

This year's top 10...20...30 will be the weakest it's been in a long time...partially because some guys have moved up and because the last couple of drafts haven't been that great.

If Avery is as high as fourth, it's because there's nothing better, not because he's shown all that much. Doing nothing in Arizona right now and did little after moving up from Frederick last year.

This year's top 10...20...30 will be the weakest it's been in a long time...partially because some guys have moved up and because the last couple of drafts haven't been that great.

Except Avery was young for Frederick and really young for Bowie.

Archived