3. Xavier Avery, of

4. L.J. Hoes, 2b

5. Dan Klein, rhp

6. Wynn Pelzer, rhp

7. Mychal Givens, ss

8. Ryan Adams, 2b/3b

9. Ryan Berry, rhp

10. Jonathan Schoop, ss

I'm really interested in BA's high opinion of Pelzer. Otherwise, there are no huge surprises on the list.

We knew that BA thought highly of Pelzer coming into this season but it's still a surprise to see a guy who profiles as a reliever, has control and mechanical issues, in the #6 spot. The only other "mild" surprise is Hobgood not being in the top 10. Some people have really soured on him but I guess it's understandable.

I think that speaks to how weak the system is more than anything else.

I would have Klein #3 but no real issues with how they constructed the top 5.

We knew that BA thought highly of Pelzer coming into this season but it's still a surprise to see a guy who profiles as a reliever, has control and mechanical issues, in the #6 spot. The only other "mild" surprise is Hobgood not being in the top 10. Some people have really soured on him but I guess it's understandable.

I am mildly surprised, though not shocked, to see Snyder out of the top 10. But, he didn't do much this year to justify being on the list.

1. Manny Machado, ss

2. Zach Britton, lhp

3. Xavier Avery, of

4. L.J. Hoes, 2b

5. Dan Klein, rhp

6. Wynn Pelzer, rhp

7. Mychal Givens, ss

8. Ryan Adams, 2b/3b

9. Ryan Berry, rhp

10. Jonathan Schoop, ss

Link

For the life of me I don't understand the Pelzer love, but hey, maybe some guys like relievers with crazy mechanics and control issues.

I may have some different names here and there but besides Pelzer, all of these guys are in my top 15.

For the life of me I don't understand the Pelzer love, but hey, maybe some guys like relievers with crazy mechanics and control issues.

I may have some different names here and there but besides Pelzer, all of these guys are in my top 15.

Mickolio?

The difference of course is in the FB consistency. Mickolio never seemed to run out of steam at the end of the year...assuming that was Pelzer's issue.....

Well, I missed on Schoop and Adams. Not surprised, but disappointed when I do that. Not surprised because I think both brush up against that "tweener" label, where I'm not sure Schoop will have the bat to profile at 3B and I'm not sure Adams has a position. BUT, I think it's clear that the majority of evaluators disagree with me that these two should be in the bottom half of the BAL Top 30.

I don't fully understand Pelzer, but again I don't know him well. I would prefer Mickolio, but the supposed quality of Pelzer's slider is, I guess, pretty impressive. Seems high, but it is what it is.

The rest looks reasonable. Agree with Hobgood, Snyder, Erbe dropping out. Agree with Klein as a top 5 guy. Agree with Hoes as a top 5 guy and great argument for Avery in there as well.

Curious to see where Bundy and Welty rate, and if Schrader will get the "show me first" treatment, which is certainly defensible given his college quality of competition.

They even have Pelzer as the closer in 2012.

Interesting they have Glynn Davis as the fastest baserunner already.

I wonder if they seen Klein and Berry as relievers or starters.

Hmm, thats a good question....Also, kinda surprised to see Davis listed as the fastest baserunner when we have Avery and Hudson in the system....

I also didn't realize that Angle has that good of an arm to be rated "best" in the system.

Excited to see Klein rated as having the best changeup and curveball in the system.....Anyone else see why they wanted to try him as a starter now?

Hmm, thats a good question....Also, kinda surprised to see Davis listed as the fastest baserunner when we have Avery and Hudson in the system....

I also didn't realize that Angle has that good of an arm to be rated "best" in the system.

Excited to see Klein rated as having the best changeup and curveball in the system.....Anyone else see why they wanted to try him as a starter now?

Everyone understands why...its whether you agree with the decision or not.

Heard that after the mini camp. BTW, when I saw him take BP at Aberdeen at the end of the year he was driving the ball pretty good including hitting one or two on top of the bullpen roof in left field. Basically he's as fast as Hudson but with some pop. Now we have to see what kind of discipline he has against pro pitching.

He could be very high on the list next year or not on it at all. Either way he's an exciting guy to get into the system.

Heard that after the mini camp. BTW, when I saw him take BP at Aberdeen at the end of the year he was driving the ball pretty good including hitting one or two on top of the bullpen roof in left field. Basically he's as fast as Hudson but with some pop. Now we have to see what kind of discipline he has against pro pitching.

He could be very high on the list next year or not on it at all. Either way he's an exciting guy to get into the system.

Exciting to hear this about a player I watched on the youses o's this summer. He's very talented, but also has a very aggresive approach at the plate. I think he'll put up good numbers next year, but the k% is gonna be high. He reminds me of a faster, toolsier version of ronnie welty.

Archived