MFY readying Lee offer; Red Sox contact Werth

JDubs

I agree with this. Bartlett has been on a steep 5 year decline defensively, in which he's gone from +12 to -10 in terms of UZR. I really have no interest in him.

Uribe is not at the top of my list, but he is still a solid defender at short and I think he could be a decent stop gap for a year or two.

The Fielding Bible doesn't see this steep decline. Bartlett was a + 14 in '05, +13 in '06. +18 in '07, -1 in '08, +10 in '09 and +6 in '10. That would be much better than Uribe's numbers at SS or Izturis' the past few years.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Fielding Bible doesn't see this steep decline. Bartlett was a + 14 in '05, +13 in '06. +18 in '07, -1 in '08, +10 in '09 and +6 in '10. That would be much better than Uribe's numbers at SS or Izturis' the past few years.

Hmm...thanks for that info. Total Zone thinks he's been much worse over the last few years than he was with Minnesota (-3 to -8), and just having watched him over the last couple of years it seems to me he's been losing range. I still can't imagine him better than average over the next year or two.

Archived