Good God, the Whining Is Intolerable

peter snees

You self rightious people accusing everyone of whining have been singing the same apologetic tune for the last five years. All of your woulda, shoulda , coulda explanations and excuses for losing denies one simple fact, the Orioles are losers and they have been losing longer then at anytime in their history. So you can continue with the personal attacks but the simple fact remains the team did not get any better today and they're still going to lose.

That doesn't sit well with me and with many die hard fans, that's right, die hard loyal fans. Being a loyal fan doesn't mean you turn a blind eye to reality. It means calling a spade a spade. By the end of the year this team will have lost for nine years in a row and that is intolerable to me and should be intolerable to you. No amount of self righteous denial will change that.

Excellent post. I have been a DIE HARD fan in NEW YORK for 33 years! I have had enough! I will not watch another game or go to another game until Angelos is gone or opens up his wallet to actually compete.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You self rightious people accusing everyone of whining have been singing the same apologetic tune for the last five years. All of your woulda, shoulda , coulda explanations and excuses for losing denies one simple fact, the Orioles are losers and they have been losing longer then at anytime in their history. So you can continue with the personal attacks but the simple fact remains the team did not get any better today and they're still going to lose.

That doesn't sit well with me and with many die hard fans, that's right, die hard loyal fans. Being a loyal fan doesn't mean you turn a blind eye to reality. It means calling a spade a spade. By the end of the year this team will have lost for nine years in a row and that is intolerable to me and should be intolerable to you. No amount of self righteous denial will change that.

One of the best posts I have ever read on these boards.

Excellent post. I have been a DIE HARD fan in NEW YORK for 33 years! I have had enough! I will not watch another game or go to another game until Angelos is gone or opens up his wallet to actually compete.

Thanks. While my addiction won't allow me to take the position you're taking boogiedown, I would never belittle you or ridicule you for taking the stand you have chosen. Deal with it the best way you know how. If that means going on a fans strike so be it. You're still a great fan suffering like the rest of us.

Thanks. While my addiction won't allow me to take the position you're taking boogiedown, I would never belittle you or ridicule you for taking the stand you have chosen. Deal with it the best way you know how. If that means going on a fans strike so be it. You're still a great fan suffering like the rest of us.

I never said I wont follow them or stop being a fan. I mean I wont do anything that will make any money for Angelos.

I cant stop being an ORiole fan. I went through 0-21 watching every game but then I at least had hope for the future.

I concur. There's a difference btw whining and calling it like it is. Anyone who is content with this crap is setting their sights way too low.

You are right in that being a loyal fan doesn't mean you turn a blind eye to reality.

You don't make outrageous claims on how terrible the team is, no matter what mood you are in.

You don't start taking the side opposite your team no matter what, even when there is evidence otherwise.

You don't start wishing serious injury or death on anybody.

All that happens on a daily basis, and FAR more then "self-righteous denial" in regards to a positive attitude does.

To believe otherwise is, well, self-righteous denial.

No one should ever wish harm on anyone regardlesss of how bad one feels. But with respect to outrageous claims. In the case of the current Orioles there is nothing more outrageous then reality. Look at their results over the past nine years. Now that's outrageous.

No one should ever wish harm on anyone regardlesss of how bad one feels. But with respect to outrageous claims. In the case of the current Orioles there is nothing more outrageous then reality. Look at their results over the past nine years. Now that's outrageous.

Do you believe every player on this team sucks?

I have heard that stated REPEATEDLY.

Do you believe every player on this team sucks?

I have heard that stated REPEATEDLY.

Of course not. I love Brob, Markakis, Ray, Patterson and several others but that's not the point. These players deserve more from their leadership. They could be winners with just a little support. That's part of what's so frustrating. They're being asked to do a near impossible job without enough resources. They need help. Leaderships role is to get it for them and it's not happening.

It's Whining........

Whining that the players suck, the front office sucks and the owner sucks.

I want as much as any O's fan to see this team win more games, but calling the organization inept and billboards demanding the owner to sell the team makes the fans look even more sad than the team does.

I often wonder why so many of the constant complainers don't find another team to root for.....and get all of us out of thier misery.

Constructive criticism? NOT!!! Inconstructive Complaining!

Do you really think the front office wasn't trying to move those players with no future, or that you are the only ones that know they have no future? Maybe the folks on the other end of the deals also knew these players have no future? Sure, our FO can force them to give us thier players that will help for players our players with no future. And if they can't, they are inept?

Now we can see into the future and know that Markakis and Penn and Lowen will not reach any real potential intil 2008? Please, where is your crystal ball and why don't you use it to make enough money to buy the team from Angelo's?

Where did I say anyone or anything sucked? Nowhere, because I didn't. But can you say with a straight face after what will be a 9th losing season this team is great or even good? It's not whining.

2nd paragraph answered nicely by others, but to remind you...they didn't get it done...they consistantly, don't get it done. That's not whining, it's stating a fact. Therefore, they aren't doing their jobs well. I didn't use the word inept, you did.

Lastly, of course I don't have a crystal ball, but I watch a lot of baseball and pay attention. It's not whining or even being negative to ASSUME a normal progression in the learning patterns of Baltimore's prospects. Penn, for example, hopefully establishes himself next season. In 2008 he hopefully does a Bedard, but there is a reasonable chance he'll do a Cabrera. This isn't whining, it's realism.

I wish I could buy the team. I'd treat you with a lot more respect then the current owner does. You're happy with whatever he gives you. Maybe I should be envious of you. I wish I could be happy with losing seasons and no consistant plan.

Like Jon Wilt said in his wonderful column today...

"...I want the Baltimore Orioles to make some moves that actually address the weakness and strengths of the organization in a rational, objective baseball way."

That's not whining...

My feeling about where we are has little to do with what we didn't do today. I don't know whether we had a deal worth doing or not. But the last six months are just further confirmation of the confused / fortress mentality management model we are now in.

I understand what you are saying, but do we really need thread after thread on how bad the Orioles are, on how bad the owner is, and so on..

I think it is safe to assume that everyone who is a fan of the Orioles knows that they are not good right now, and will not be good for awhile. I think it is safe to assume that everyone knows that this will be the 9th consecutive losing season.

Is anybody happy???? Please point them out to me, because I have not seen one yet on this forum. The Orioles have not given anyone a reason to be happy. But the constant, I mean constant whining and complaining <B>is</B> getting annoying. I get enough of that from my 6 year old..

I understand what you are saying, but do we really need thread after thread on how bad the Orioles are, on how bad the owner is, and so on..

I think it is safe to assume that everyone who is a fan of the Orioles knows that they are not good right now, and will not be good for awhile. I think it is safe to assume that everyone knows that this will be the 9th consecutive losing season.

Is anybody happy???? Please point them out to me, because I have not seen one yet on this forum. The Orioles have not given anyone a reason to be happy. But the constant, I mean constant whining and complaining <B>is</B> getting annoying. I get enough of that from my 6 year old..

See now that's my point. There's no need for the unnescessary allusions to your "six year old". That's getting personal. People get frustrated and they vent. They have had their expectations raised by the press, the team, the ownership, and eachother. They've been disappointed. Haven't you? They come on this site and try to commiserate with like minded fans.

I suggest that you not read their threads if you find them so offensive. I know there are lots of threads and lots of posters whose threads I won't read. But there is no need to get into name caling and character killing.

Archived