Heyman: Orioles being aggressive

Moose Milligan

So you believe the reports that say Koji hasn't been offered a contract. Yet, I am naive for believing Heyman when he says the Orioles are being aggressive?

So what reports do you decide to believe or not to believe?

That's easy you believe the reports that support your agenda. Everybody does it.:laughlol:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were talking about aggression..Hank said he thinks he has identified the players..My question is, what has he done besides that. And I directly quoted Hank, asking his opinion...not yours.

I provided the same response as Hank, but I didn't realize I wasn't privileged to answer your follow up question.

Obviously you don't understand the meaning of rhetorical if you were discussing the question with Hank.

I am not the one who comes on here and cries about the media and their bogus reports like so many of you.
(nevadaO, this isn't anything directed at you)

WHO CARES? Can we please stop hearing about our worthless coaching staff? While other teams are talking about what players they want, we are talking about who the next bench coach is going to be...Other than Buck, who cares?

What was that about not crying about the media?

:bs:

I provided the same response as Hank, but I didn't realize I wasn't privileged to answer your follow up question.

Obviously you don't understand the meaning of rhetorical if you were discussing the question with Hank.

I obviously don't expect Hank to give me specific answers to the questions...Just more of a, "yes I think he is doing those things" or "no, i don't think he is"...thus the opinion aspect of it..Try and keep up.

What was that about not crying about the media?

:bs:

And of course, you take that out of context...Care to make yourself look more foolish or do you just want to stop there?

I wasn't pissed about the media or the report...just the fact that i want to hear about something else..which comes back on the Orioles themselves, not the media.

Care to keep trying or are you done?

And of course, you take that out of context...Care to make yourself look more foolish or do you just want to stop there?

I wasn't pissed about the media or the report...just the fact that i want to hear about something else..which comes back on the Orioles themselves, not the media.

Care to keep trying or are you done?

How is out of context? You claim you don't come in here and complain about the media, yet you explicitly do so. Nice revisionist approach to say it was out of context.

'

So there aren't reports about what the Orioles are doing, yet that is no surprise since most leaks have been tied up since MacPhail came aboard. Yet you believe reports about Koji not being offered a contract by the Orioles, but not that the Orioles are being aggressive. You call people naive for believing certain things that are printed, yet you pick certain reports to follow and others to ignore.

How is out of context? You claim you don't come in here and complain about the media, yet you explicitly do so. Nice revisionist approach to say it was out of context.
're you really this dense? I am not complaining about the media there..I am complaining about the fact that it sucks that this is all they have to talk about..On top of that, that is also a totally different thing than choosing whether or not to believe certain stories by different writers.

Why did Heyman tweet anything if the Orioles weren't acting out of character by actually doing something in free agency? The tweet is good news in spite of nothing tangible (for the moment) coming from it. Heyman saw something the Orioles were doing and was like "hold the phone; i need to tell someone about this, I don't believe it".

It's unfortunate that the tweet came out and the most outspoken of us said nothing other than "oh please, in my dreams".

're you really this dense? I am not complaining about the media there..I am complaining about the fact that it sucks that this is all they have to talk about..On top of that, that is also a totally different thing than choosing whether or not to believe certain stories by different writers.

Yep. I am that dense.

I are Internet Tough Guy, rawr!!!

internet_tough_guy_-_because_its_easy_to_be_a_6_foot_4_olympic_powerlifter_and_streetfighting_god_from_behind_the_confines_of_a_keyboard.jpg

We were talking about aggression..Hank said he thinks he has identified the players..My question is, what has he done besides that. And I directly quoted Hank, asking his opinion...not yours.

Honestly, who cares what Hank or anyone else (including you) thinks Heyman meant? The fact is, we don't know what he meant, or what his sources are. About all we can reasonably assume is that the O's have done something more at this stage than they typically have done by now...what that is, we have no real idea.

There are pretty much no FAs that I advocate going after and that is almost always the case.

So what is this whole tirade about how we're not aggressive enough with free agents? Everyone has been saying that we shouldn't be too aggressive, that it's sometimes good to let the market settle, etc., etc., and you come back with the same old spiel. Don't make me go back in this very thread and find quotes where you advocate, in general terms with none of the caveats you just crowbarred in, aggressively pursuing and spending on free agents.

Honestly, who cares what Hank or anyone else (including you) thinks Heyman meant? The fact is, we don't know what he meant, or what his sources are. About all we can reasonably assume is that the O's have done something more at this stage than they typically have done by now...what that is, we have no real idea.
I think someone spotted AM laying in the weeds outside Lee's house in AR, when the Cashman visted today.

You'd assume this because Heyman says they're aggressive, coincidentally the day after ESPN reports the Yanks and Sox are aggressive?

I assume the O's have a PR team that is awake. That's about all I can assume from Heyman's report.

I can hope for more, but I've been down this road before.

Frobby wins the thread, once again.

Archived