Heyman: Orioles being aggressive

Moose Milligan

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's pretty much exclusively a DH at this point. I'm intrigued though because that might mean Scott is going to be traded.

Replacing Scott with Damon would be a big downgrade at DH, though. I am not sure what the point would be unless Scott brings back a solid long term solution somewhere.

And even then, surely they can replace him with somebody better than Damon.

Oh, wait... Veteran presence, clubhouse leader!

Replacing Scott with Damon would be a big downgrade at DH, though. I am not sure what the point would be unless Scott brings back a solid long term solution somewhere.

And even then, surely they can replace him with somebody better than Damon.

Oh, wait... Veteran presence, clubhouse leader!

After the Giants' world series win, we're going to try and acquire as many creaky vets as possible. Damon will be perfect.

After the Giants' world series win, we're going to try and acquire as many creaky vets as possible. Damon will be perfect.

Invest the team's excess cash in a magical teleportation whatsit that both lands the Orioles in the NL West and finds Lincecum, Cain, et al., on the Orioles' roster, and I'm totally on board with the Creaky Vets Plan.

I don't trust anything Heyman says unless it is verified somewhere else. In this case the Pirates beat writer printed a story that said they were being aggressive about a week ago. So that's probably true, but also old news.

As for the Orioles, all we have heard is that the coach and GM are non plussed with the FA class. I tend to believe Heyman isn't going on much here.

For someone who says we're aggressive, Heyman sure doesn't have us signing anybody in his FA prediction column. :)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jon_heyman/11/10/cliff-lee-free-agents/index.html

I saw that. I'm still thinking that LaRoche is the most likely option for the O's, with Victor and Dunn as best case scenarios, and someone like Derrek Lee or even Ty Wigginton being a fall back option.

Archived