Gardenhire and Black win MOY

Moose Milligan

I'm surprised Joe Maddon or Ron Washington didn't get in the AL. It seems like every year you can pencil Gardenhire as being in on this award, because the Twins have been so consistent during his tenure.

Ron Washington I agree with but Joe Maddon? He did a nice enough job I suppose but the Rays are a stacked team that stayed healthy.

Thought it'd be Washington because he took a team back to the playoffs and won their first pennant ever. Gardy's a fine choice though and I've long felt he's one of if not the best manager in the game. He does a lot with little and I like watching him too. He's very feisty with the umps. Always like watching his Twins' teams as well.Black is a great choice as well for the NL. Didn't see the Pads going anywhere this year but here they were in the hunt.

Thought it'd be Washington because he took a team back to the playoffs and won their first pennant ever. Gardy's a fine choice though and I've long felt he's one of if not the best manager in the game. He does a lot with little and I like watching him too. He's very feisty with the umps. Always like watching his Twins' teams as well.Black is a great choice as well for the NL. Didn't see the Pads going anywhere this year but here they were in the hunt.

Pennant is irrelevant because the voting is done at the end of the regular season, BEFORE the playoffs.

Had the voting been done after the postseason, I have a feeling Washington might have won.

I'm surprised Joe Maddon or Ron Washington didn't get in the AL. It seems like every year you can pencil Gardenhire as being in on this award, because the Twins have been so consistent during his tenure.

Maybe the cocaine fiasco from Washington earlier in the season created some problems for him? Not a very good example by a leader. Especially on a team that has players with a history of problems in that area.

Archived