My letter to Andy MacPhail (re: Millar)

Boy Howdy

Those who have piteously criticized management for closeminded decisions are now reflecting it themselves-self righteous slander to Millar who is an ultimate team guy .What of all the O's who have returned to cheer their former teammates at propitious times while holding jobs with rival clubs.How bizarre-consider what he did when this team was in the dumps' date='not long after they are out of contention.What a taking of the matter otherwise than it was meant.Where is the affability towards Millar that he has displayed to Baltimore fans without lack.Have we become this small and small town?[/quote']

Huh? :confused:

Out there, man...out there.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, risk vs. reward.

Where are all the Mets fans up in arms over the fact that their team would not allow Pedro to participate.

The O's risked upsetting a sizable portion of their fan base, for little if any reward.

Well, a sizable part of the Orioles ticket buying fan base our Boston Red Sox fans. The more I think about how this team is marketed and how Angelos doesn't seem to mind the invasion of our ballpark, the more I think this was a significant consideration in giving Millar permission to do this.

My problem is that if Millar is so integral to the Red Sox pysche, but not good enough to play for them, he should retire. It's like he's just passing time here in Baltimore. He's getting serious dough to stay in game shape in case Boston has some injuries (between March and September) and decides they need him. His antics on Fox only reinforce the idea that he's basically in AAA awaiting a chance.

So I'm not mad at Millar. He's got a great situation, short of actually playing for his beloved BoSox. Bully for him.

I'm not even mad at the organization for this decision, in and of itself. It doesn't really matter I guess. They do what they get away with.

I think I'm really just mad at myself for caring about this team when it really just a minor leauge operation. I'm embarrassed, once again, to be a fan of the Baltimore Orioles.

Irrational much?

Wow, sometimes I wonder if you are on the same planet as me... :rolleyes:

And my previous point is validated...

To think I took you off ignore to see if you had anything constructive to add to these forums other than ridiculing me or contradicting me. My bad. Back on ignore you go my shadow...

"So why does mommy get mad when you have drinks with your old girlfriend?"

:)

"Because Mommy is a selfish shrew who doesn't understand the pressure Daddy is under!! Now go get Daddy another scotch and soda!!"

Um, another good opportunity to, uh...teach your kids...something

;)

And maybe some kids were sitting in front of the TV saying, "Hey Daddy doesn't that guy play for the Orioles? Why is he with the Red Sox? They were the guys that mean guy liked when we went to that game. Does Kevin Millar like mean people?"

I am glad someone understand my situation!:002_scry: Kevin Millar being his hero only makes it 10 times worse!!!!:(

And maybe some kids were sitting in front of the TV saying, "Hey Daddy doesn't that guy play for the Orioles? Why is he with the Red Sox? They were the guys that mean guy liked when we went to that game. Does Kevin Millar like mean people?"

I hate to open your eyes, but I am sure there are murderers, rapist, thieves, etc. who are *gasp* Baltimore Orioles fans! To answer your question above, how about some parents take responsibility for raising their children instead of plopping them down in front of a television and using that as a babysitter? And if you ARE sitting there watching the game WITH them, then I would assume you would be explaining the game to the child so they can learn and understand what's going on. So, at that point, when they ask the question you posted above, you could tell them that "Mr. Millar has friends on the Red Sox team, and even though he is a proud Baltimore Oriole right now, he is supporting his old friends in their quest to earn another championship! You see son (or daughter), although these men get paid alot of money to play, the fact is that baseball is a game, and Mr. Millar is having fun by hanging out with some old friends and cheering them on to victory. There are mean people in this world, and some of them want evil things to happen to Mr. Millar, but if you just realize he is supporting his old friends and is NOT out to hurt us, his Orioles fans, then it puts it all into persepctive!"

That's what I'd say, anyway! :o

Wow, sometimes I wonder if you are on the same planet as me... :rolleyes:

And my previous point is validated...

To think I took you off ignore to see if you had anything constructive to add to these forums other than ridiculing me or contradicting me. My bad. Back on ignore you go my shadow...

I apologize. I can see how my proclivity towards rationality might upset you. I'm sure you're a good kid and all but your irrational hate of the Red Sox is probably clouding your judgment. Anyhow, good luck with your petition to get that Benedict Arnold off our team.:rolleyes: I mean, what kind of monster would want to support old friends of his? The gall. Why would we want someone who actually takes pitches and plays hard all the time on our club?:rolleyes: If only I could put posts where you're quoted on ignore as well....

Archived