O's not offering Koji arbitration

section36

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad we're making progress with Koji, but further down on that article it states that we're looking at Type A relievers.

For the life of me, if we go off and burn up yet another 2nd round draft choice on a reliever, I'm going to fire up the Torch and Pitchfork brigade.

1. Offer incentives for Rolaids Relief Points (which are tied closely to saves)

2. Offer incentives for IP

3. Promise closer role

4. Require gentleman's agreement that he decline arb (which he should, anyway, if he can hit the market again as a successful closer)

If needs be, lower a threshold or add a little extra $ in incentive #1 in order to get #4.

I'm glad we're making progress with Koji, but further down on that article it states that we're looking at Type A relievers.

For the life of me, if we go off and burn up yet another 2nd round draft choice on a reliever, I'm going to fire up the Torch and Pitchfork brigade.

The article doesn't state who we are looking at. The last line is simply a list of the more well known free agents.

1. Offer incentives for Rolaids Relief Points (which are tied closely to saves)

2. Offer incentives for IP

3. Promise closer role

4. Require gentleman's agreement that he decline arb (which he should, anyway, if he can hit the market again as a successful closer)

If needs be, lower a threshold or add a little extra $ in incentive #1 in order to get #4.

Excellent plan. Doing things like that is the only way the O's can start really competing in the AL East - long-term, imo.

If you sign one A (position player), you might as well sign a few of them (other positional and other relievers).

Do the O's being overly risk adverse they have no extra draft picks in what is touted as a very deep draft. I do not think that giving up additional picks is a sound strategy unless the players come back can be long term pieces. I understand that the odds of a 3rd or 4th round pick making a tangible contribution to the big league club in the future is low but the chances are still better then over slot kids taken in the later rounds. I really do not want to put an entire draft class worth of eggs into one basket.

Archived