Varitek out 4-6 weeks - trade Javy to the Sox

markpolis

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NO but they would trade for the first baseman that hit 15 home runs for the dodgers last year and hasn't been given a shot this year...

Oh my, a first baseman that hit 15 home runs!!! I might wet my pants!

Choi's garbage. Landing a half ass prospect would be better at this point.

Im not saying he's Texiera but he's a great defender and who is relatively young/ maybe not but if he gets shot in OPACY in the AL I think he could blossom...maybe 25 homers...its a stretch but who else you you trot out there???

Im not saying he's Texiera but he's a great defender and who is relatively young/ maybe not but if he gets shot in OPACY in the AL I think he could blossom...maybe 25 homers...its a stretch but who else you you trot out there???

Yeah. The point is, if we could just get someone to take a big chunk of Javy's salary it would be worth it. If we could get someone (anyone) also in the deal, that's just gravy. Choi wouldn't hurt us any, might actually help if given a shot. How many HRs do WE have from 1Bmen this year?

If only that could happen. Javy would be with a team that can use him. I don't think that Angelos would trade with the Bosox though. Wish it would happen. But does the FO have it in them to make a deal like this? Maybe they

should call the Bosox to see if there is any interest.

If it were to happen, it should be today. The Sox are .002 behind the Yankees so they couldn't block it.

I agree that the Yankees would take Javy over Sal. They got rid of Stennett because he couldn't hit.

But, what is the deal with Javy and his back?

The premise is that we should get him to platoon. Use him only in situations where he thrives (i.e. vs. RHP) and use someone else against LHP. That's better than Conine being out there and sucking it up against RHPs for the rest of the year. And we also get to see whether Choi could be an integral part next year. Beats having Javy rot away on the bench. We'd save some $$ too.

Yanks are ahead of Boston now.....Pass Javy through waivers ASAp, if they haven't already.

I think the standard procedure is to start putting guys through waivers as early as July 30th or 31st, so that they pass through or get claimed right away and teams know who is available and who isn't in August.

Hopefully Javy is already through and is packing his bags to Boston.

The premise is that we should get him to platoon. Use him only in situations where he thrives (i.e. vs. RHP) and use someone else against LHP.

Is major league baseball expanding it's roster next year? How many posts have I seen where we acquiring a guy to platoon at a position? We are gonna need an additional 5 spots or so just to keep all of these platoon players.

Just go add a real frickin player

Is major league baseball expanding it's roster next year? How many posts have I seen where we acquiring a guy to platoon at a position? We are gonna need an additional 5 spots or so just to keep all of these platoon players.

Just go add a real frickin player

We only need to platoon at LF and maybe 1B. It can be done when players can play more than one position.

It would be nice to add one player like Lee, but do you think that will actually happen?

Just because you platoon a guy doesn't mean he can't take up one of your bench spots also.

for example:

C - Hernandez

1b - Choi/Conine

2b - Roberts

3b - Mora

SS - Tejada

LF - Delluci/Cruz

CF - Patterson

RF - Markakis

DH - Gibbons

Bench

C-

OF-Delluci/Cruz

1B-Choi/Conine

util-Fahey

Still leaves room for a 7 man bullpen. That wasn't so hard was it?

Archived