Ghiroli: Orioles may be interested in former Cub Theriot

JTrea81

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering MLBTR's description of the prospect traded for Theriot, I wonder what our comparable offer would've been:

Hawksworth, 28 in March, posted a 4.98 ERA, 6.1 K/9, 3.5 BB/9, 1.5 HR/9, and 51.5% groundball rate in 90 1/3 innings for the Cardinals this year. Heading into the 2008 season, Baseball America ranked Hawksworth 20th among Cardinals prospects, praising his changeup but noting his injury history and struggles against left-handed hitters.

I liked Theriot. I wonder who is really on our radar and what that'll cost us.

Considering MLBTR's description of the prospect traded for Theriot, I wonder what our comparable offer would've been:

Hawksworth, 28 in March, posted a 4.98 ERA, 6.1 K/9, 3.5 BB/9, 1.5 HR/9, and 51.5% groundball rate in 90 1/3 innings for the Cardinals this year. Heading into the 2008 season, Baseball America ranked Hawksworth 20th among Cardinals prospects, praising his changeup but noting his injury history and struggles against left-handed hitters.

I liked Theriot. I wonder who is really on our radar and what that'll cost us.

He would have gotten 3M+ in arbitration and cost a prospect in trade. Interested if he was non tendered.

Well, that's disappointing.

Dang...disappointed we didn't get Theriot. We need to make a trade for Hardy, and we need to do it fast! I wouldn't have minded seeing him here. It would have been the depth we wanted in Nishioka to back up Roberts too.

And we still could have gotten Hardy/Bartlett and it wouldn't have seemed terrible.

Well, that's disappointing.
Pretty much sums up being an O's fan the last decade+.
The early bird gets the worm. The slow percolating O's bird gets dropped on.
Dang...disappointed we didn't get Theriot. We need to make a trade for Hardy, and we need to do it fast! I wouldn't have minded seeing him here. It would have been the depth we wanted in Nishioka to back up Roberts too.

And we still could have gotten Hardy/Bartlett and it wouldn't have seemed terrible.

Are people REALLY that disappointed that we didn't get Theriot??

The Orioles get blamed for being cheap because they are going after non-tender candidates, yet when they don't trade for the character, people get upset?

Are people REALLY that disappointed that we didn't get Theriot??

The Orioles get blamed for being cheap because they are going after non-tender candidates, yet when they don't trade for the character, people get upset?

I pretty much have never blamed the O's for "being cheap", and I think Theriot is an underrated player who clearly didn't take much to acquire. Why shouldn't I be disappointed?

Archived