Werth on MASN 2011

hatepaste

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This just makes you wonder what macphail is doing exactly

Not signing stupid, horrible, awful contracts?

Jayson Werth through age 38? Wow.

Is this the kind of move the "do something now!" crowd wants? Free agency does not treat losing teams well.

You may not like the deal, but they targeted a player they wanted and got him.

What happened to the Boras media machine? There was nothing on this.

After he got that lasso around Rizzo's testicles, Boras realized he didn't need Heyman's help.

7 years/$126 mill!!! That's insane. The other contracts that come to mind in that range are Soriano and Zito. Ask Cubs fans about Soriano or SF fans about Zito. I would have liked the O's to make a 4 year offer, but I guess that would have been an insult.

I'm angry about the O's not doing much but if this is the type of contract they need to offer to sign a player on the wrong side of 30, I'll pass.

Absolutely nuts. But watch Werth have a decent 2011 and some folks will be saying that shows the Nats knew what they were doing.

They would have been better off paying Dunn to stay.

I do think this news is useful in illustrating just how crazy a perennially losing franchise has to go in order to convince a big-time free agent to sign with them. My estimate that the O's would have to pay Beltre 5/$90 mm may have been too conservative.

Absolutely nuts. But watch Werth have a decent 2011 and some folks will be saying that shows the Nats knew what they were doing.

They would have been better off paying Dunn to stay.

I do think this news is useful in illustrating just how crazy a perennially losing franchise has to go in order to convince a big-time free agent to sign with them. My estimate that the O's would have to pay Beltre 5/$90 mm may have been too conservative.

Much better off. I guess they realized he was a DH as well. ;)

And he will have a great 2011. It is 2017 and 2018 that would concern me.

Crawford's market value is now 8/160 at least...

Not necessarily. You still have to find another team that stupid. Plus, the Nats were paying the "loser premium." A team like Boston doesn't have to pay as much as a team like the Nats. That's just life.

Archived