WNST reports Orioles have agreement with D. Lee, all other sources say nothing imminent

PlumOriole

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand "per Drew" implies that this is far from a done deal, but I think the thread title should be changed to "Orioles THINK they have a deal with Derrek Lee..."

Eh, whatever. I'm sure Roch and Jeff Z. will have to respond to this rumor soon enough. One way or another we'll hear more by lunch time.

O's "think they've agreed" probably means tha Lee's agent is shopping that offer as hard as he can while the O's are on hold. It's the Oriole way.

Or its just another WNST stunt to a) draw attention to themselves and 2) call the Orioles out for not completing a deal.

To be fair, it could be c) Drew and WNST scooped every other sports reporter in the world on an Orioles story! :rolleyes:

O's "think they've agreed" probably means tha Lee's agent is shopping that offer as hard as he can while the O's are on hold. It's the Oriole way.

I think it means they have a decent offer on the table. I wonder if Konerko is still in the mix.? Pena.LaRocher,etc. We heard offers are out. I guess the O's are waiting for the one who gets back to them.if any.

I think it means they have a decent offer on the table. I wonder if Konerko is still in the mix.? Pena.LaRocher,etc. We heard offers are out. I guess the O's are waiting for the one who gets back to them.if any.
That's what I'm thinking. Maybe we have offered what he is asking and we're waiting for an response?

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe we have offered what he is asking and we're waiting for an response?

That's what I'm thinking as well but if its not done its probably because Lee is shopping the offer to more desireable destinations.

Archived