WNST reports Orioles have agreement with D. Lee, all other sources say nothing imminent

PlumOriole

The day he stops hating what the organization has become is the day they go out of business. Because that's their only schtick.

I don't mind Drew as much as Nestor. That guy is a tool, who says nothing but negative things about the team. When we were playing well down the stretch...he was trolling on Facebook talking about all the empty seats instead of the improved play. I'd hate to ever be like that.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love the new thread title. Hysterical. Can I put that as my sig? Tony?

Lesson learned about posting something from WNST. You report anything from them and you look like your promoting them. The funny thing is I don't even listen to that station any more, especially since Haynie left.

You and I both.

Now watch Nestor and Drew claim that they broke the story on the Reynolds trade.:rolleyes:

They did break the story first, it might have been luck but they said Reynolds for Hernandez and a minor-leaguer was just about done 3 hours ago. I think that is too accurate to think they just got lucky.

His sole purpose is to throw stuff out there to get people riled up and thus call into the show. I don't even know what his true feelings are anymore, because I think more often than not he just spews stuff to get at people's emotions. I used to fall for the tricks and get all ticked off, until I realized that's exactly how they want us to feel. Now I just laugh at his hijinx and watch as everyone goes crazy!

As far as a credible show or station, they haven't been that in years!

So, basically he's Colin Cowherd? No thanks.

Yeah, as someone noted, taking down the thread that WNST ended up being right on (about the imminent Reynolds deal) is pretty lame if you ask me.

Every once in a while you should just say "you know what, good for them, they were right."

But that's just me.

I think I will go with Tony's theory on WNST's announcment of the deal.

They did break the story first, it might have been luck but they said Reynolds for Hernandez and a minor-leaguer was just about done 3 hours ago. I think that is too accurate to think they just got lucky.

People have been reporting Reynolds for Hernandez for a while now. I heard this morning it was Hernandez and probably Mickolio but I wasn't going to run with "probably." You can give credit who you like, but I'm not impressed with anything that place has to report.

This.

Did it get merged with another thread? :confused:

I have no idea what happened to it honestly. I deleted a thread that said it was "moved" but I have no idea where it was moved to or what happened to it. There's not conspiracy here, but quoting that stations tweets like they mean anything when it comes to Orioles stuff is pretty poor to start of with.

People have been reporting Reynolds for Hernandez for a while now. I heard this morning it was Hernandez and probably Mickolio but I wasn't going to run with "probably." You can give credit who you like, but I'm not impressed with anything that place has to report.

Interesting that you say this Tony. I get the feeling that journalist, and I know that is a stretch in this instance, treat Twitter as an opportunity to pass along rumors. Maybe it is just pressure to get information out there, but I get the sense that journalists don't have the same standards for their Tweets vs. their articles.

You and I both.

Now watch Nestor and Drew claim that they broke the story on the Reynolds trade.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised Nestor doesn't have severe arthritis in his shoulder from all the patting himself on the back he does.

A few months back he essentially took credit for creating sports talk radio in Baltimore and followed that up with taking credit for the success/careers of his current staff as well as that of Rob Long, Phil Backert, Casey Willett, and everyone else who had the -ahem- good fortune of working for WNST. Rob, Phil, Casey, and those guys had NOTHING to do with it, I guess?

I find his sense of self-importance equally frightening and amusing.

Interesting that you say this Tony. I get the feeling that journalist, and I know that is a stretch in this instance, treat Twitter as an opportunity to pass along rumors. Maybe it is just pressure to get information out there, but I get the sense that journalists don't have the same standards for their Tweets vs. their articles.

I have no problems at all with twitter reports from valid sources. In fact, it's a great we to break news.

Now WNST is demanding an apology:

@WNST

Drew: Phase 1 of the #OriolesHangout apology can begin in....5....4....3....2....1. Second time in a week WNST has been right! LOL

More:

@WNST

Drew: For those of you who do have faith in us, thank you. We delivered on #Konerko and #Reynolds. Lots of sources "singing" to us.

@WNST

Drew: LOL x 10 at the folks at the OH...can't stand for us to be right even a little bit...taking down threads. What hypocrites they are.

And another prediction:

@WNST

Drew: And I have a feeling there might be "more right" to come soon. They're hot on the trail of #KevinGregg and waiting to hear from DLee.

Archived