CBSSports: Hardy & Harris for Hoey & Jacobson a done deal

hoosiers

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will see what happens at 1B, but I have to say, MacPhail has handled this offseason about as well as we could've hoped, outside of getting one of Lee, Beltre or Crawford, which were never realistically and and probably wouldn't have been smart at this stage anyway. We have traded spare parts for two high upside pieces that are young.

Just a fantastic trade. Now extend him!

Kudos to MacPhail. I think the targets were fairly obvious, but I had my doubts that he could get his guys. These were both solid trades.

I don't think anyone can rag on AM's trade history with the club. Nothing terribly creative, but almost always solid targets and almost always good value.

Now let's see if he can lure Lee or LaRoche here on a reasonable contract.

The only possible explanation for this, is that for whatever reason, the Orioles like Bartlett better than Hardy. I personally have no idea how that would be possible.

Or that Reimold was never on the table on our end - just a request from Tampa.

It seems a steep fall from Reimold/Simon to what the Rays received.

Seems to me that the Twins made out better than the Rays given the additional salary dump and hopefully that reflects Hardy being our number one target. I want to speculate that Hardy's being younger and the better defensive player made Hardy a preferred target over Bartlett.

And we still have Tillman to ship for 1B or LF.

I'm starting to join you a bit in the Fielder brigade, but only if we can extend him. Not sure a Tillman/Bell/Pie type package would suffice, and really don't want to trade Britton. Regardless, doesn't seem Andy wants to go that direction.

From The Sun article

Harris, 30, hit .157 with one homer and four RBIs in 43 games with the Twins in 2010. He is a career .260 hitter in parts of seven seasons. A former 2001 draft pick of the Chicago Cubs', he has played third base, second base, shortstop and first base in the major leagues.

I take this as absolute proof that MacPhail is trying to troll the OH.

And we still have Tillman to ship for 1B or LF.

How are you feeling about your nemesis now? This trade is pretty sweet. I was really against him earlier this week, but I feel much better now. Reynolds, Hardy and Lee would be all I could of asked for this offseason.

Archived