CBSSports: Hardy & Harris for Hoey & Jacobson a done deal

hoosiers

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or that Reimold was never on the table on our end - just a request from Tampa.

It seems a steep fall from Reimold/Simon to what the Rays received.

Seems to me that the Twins made out better than the Rays given the additional salary dump and hopefully that reflects Hardy being our number one target. I want to speculate that Hardy's being younger and the better defensive player made Hardy a preferred target over Bartlett.

I would normally agree with you, but the Sun specifically reported that we had basically agreed to the Reimold deal then backed out.

How are you feeling about your nemesis now? This trade is pretty sweet. I was really against him earlier this week, but I feel much better now. Reynolds, Hardy and Lee would be all I could of asked for this offseason.

Let's see if he can finish the job. I'm impressed by his deals for Reynolds and Hardy.

1B is the litmus test for me.

Pretty good stuff. The O's have a new and creditable left side of the infield while giving up one promising MLB relief pitcher and three minor leaguers--none of whom were in their Top 10.

Now let's be a little bit aggressive, fill 1B in a way that counts.

I have to admit that Martinez would look pretty good over there now.

Yes!! Now get D-Lee, a couple relievers, some bench guys, and call it a day. This is shaping up to be a very solid offseason and could yield a team with an actual winning record. :boogie:

If they land D-Lee it would be a hell of an off season that's for sure. If the youngsters keep pitching the way they did at the end of the year I see no reason why they can't have a winning season.

Let's see if he can finish the job. I'm impressed by his deals for Reynolds and Hardy.

1B is the litmus test for me.

Yes, you've made that abundantly clear. :thumbsup1:

This team would be real interesting to watch with a real 1Bman. LaRoche or Lee would get me off my seat.

Is Hardy better than Barlett defensively?

Without a doubt.

Hardy is one of the best shortstops in MLB defensively. His UZR/150 stats:

2007: 14.5

2008: 6.8

2009: 9.2

2010: 12.8

In 2010 Hardy was the best defensive SS in baseball according to UZR/150.

And we still have Tillman to ship for 1B or LF.

Not sure if I would part with Tillman or who the best 1B/LF options really are, but we should think big.

DLee might be a decent option and a big upgrade from last year, but we still have payroll flexibility and some good pieces to possibly trade.

I think AM is following a pretty good (and somewhat obvious) script so far with Reynolds, Koji and Hardy, but I agree in general that we should not shy away from the premium players - Greinke, Cliff Lee, etc.

Archived