Per Connolly: O's and LaRoche have interest in each other...

Nick The Stick

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy seems to feel like he has plenty of options at 1B? Two questions, what teams are still looking for a 1B. Clearly it is more than just BAL and WAS. Secondly, I see no reason to assume we will get either, so I wonder if he has something else up his sleeve.

I think the O's are targeting Lee and LaRoche at this point with Lee resisting the O's efforts. This might be a ploy to get Lee to commit.

I would prefer LaRoche to Lee at this point, but it REALLY depends on the deal. I do not care about one or the other enough to bid against myself though. If Washington wants to pony up for their first choice then let them have them. My biggest concern is that Washington overpays for the guy they want and then we follow suit for our second choice.

Andy seems to feel like he has plenty of options at 1B? Two questions, what teams are still looking for a 1B. Clearly it is more than just BAL and WAS. Secondly, I see no reason to assume we will get either, so I wonder if he has something else up his sleeve.

Yeah, move Scott to 1B and replace him at DH with a big bopper. A good DH isn't tough to find.

No. ....................

Where does all of the LaRoche love come from. The guy put u a .788 OPS in Arizona which is not that much off his career average. He also walked 47 times and struck out 172. I wouldn't guarntee more than 1 year. I'd rather give Lee two years despite the age difference.

Me too, but to be fair that was a down year for LaRoche.

I'd rather give Lee 2 years than LaRoche 1 or 2; and I'd rather give Lee 3 years than LaRoche 2.

LaRoche has played his entire career in the NL. You have to think that is a positive in the Nationals corner. The fact that he will stay in the NL where he knows the pitchers and doesn't have to face the staffs of the AL East.

Played for the Red Sox for like half a season.

Ohh I agree Lee is the favorite.. and I've said 2yrs $20M.. but you can't make him sign here... and right now it does not seem like he wants to come to Baltimore.

I would ideally want LaRoche for 1 or 2 years as well... I just could see the Nationals offering 3 years... and think the O's could have to go to that level to get him.

Would you rather give Lee or LaRoche 3 years. If Lee is getting 1 and 2 year offers from other teams, he would probably take 3 from us.

Yeah, move Scott to 1B and replace him at DH with a big bopper. A good DH isn't tough to find.

I'd really prefer to have a good defensive 1B. I think Luke with experience will be adequate, but I'd rather have a guy with a solid reputation like Lee.

It's a tough choice for me regarding Lee and Laroche:

Laroche is younger, On the other hand I like Lee's ability to hit lefty pitching which as we know has been a problem for the team in recent years. Plus he's regarded as a very good defender. I'd be happy with either really when it comes down to it I guess.

Archived