Do the O's now have the best ShortStop in the AL East?

SammyBirdland

RE: BrunoCherrytown.

Haha, When its time to pony up some $$$ Im guessing Andy is the, "Sober one around us....actin, actin like hes drunk" :boogie:

Sorry had to get that one in there.

And Epstein - I believe the medical term used in the video - is getting "slizzard"...although my spelling may be off. I'm not a doctor after all.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Pontiac G6 comparison. Have a 2000 trans am. When they cancelled the TA and started selling the G6, I wanted to barf. Bought a 2010 Camaro SS, now that is more like it:) Anyway, I love the 120 for 4 years of Lee or even 150 for 5 years. You don't compete with Boston and NewYork with Hardy. You may beat Oakland and KC more consistently but you don't beat the big boys.

Love the Pontiac G6 comparison. Have a 2000 trans am. When they cancelled the TA and started selling the G6, I wanted to barf. Bought a 2010 Camaro SS, now that is more like it:) Anyway, I love the 120 for 4 years of Lee or even 150 for 5 years. You don't compete with Boston and NewYork with Hardy. You may beat Oakland and KC more consistently but you don't beat the big boys.

I owe that idea to Moose starting the rap slang angle in the thread and my gym having very bad taste in song selection today when they played it during my workout.

We love to rag on Jeter, but I'm not going to assume that one bad year means he's done, even at the age of 37 (in 2011). He was 3rd in the MVP voting in 2009, deservedly so. He's the best SS in the division until proven otherwise.
Well, as far as wOBA goes he is one point better than Scutero(.320 -.319) but Scutero had a 2.1 advantage in UZR.

Jeter is not the top SS in the AL East!

This guy has been way overrated his entire career.

If he played for the Brewers his entire career he would be considered average at best - even in his prime.

And . . . . . . . . nobody would care about him.

I can't think of another MLB player who has made a career of cheap hits, seein eye groundballs and the like, as this guy has.

He has no range in the field.

His winning the gold glove is as ridiculous as Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize.

Jeter runs like a little girl with his high tops.

Com'n guys - you who praise this guy - get real!

The choice is down to four SS's.

It all depends on who plays the best this upcoming season.

Jeter is not the top SS in the AL East!

This guy has been way overrated his entire career.

If he played for the Brewers his entire career he would be considered average at best - even in his prime.

And . . . . . . . . nobody would care about him.

I can't think of another MLB player who has made a career of cheap hits, seein eye groundballs and the like, as this guy has.

He has no range in the field.

His winning the gold glove is as ridiculous as Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize.

Jeter runs like a little girl with his high tops.

Com'n guys - you who praise this guy - get real!

The choice is down to four SS's.

It all depends on who plays the best this upcoming season.

Seriously? You can make an argument on fielding/Gold Glove, but on the rest...come on.

His 162 game average is 119 Runs, 207 Hits, 17 HR, 80 RBI, .312 BA, .837 OPS.....come on.

And hes done it in the most competitive division in Baseball (arguably in Sports at times) and while playing at a high level during the season and a higher level in the post-season.

Is he over-rated? Yes. I don't think you can argue against that, but that doesn't mean he hasn't always been an elite player. To call him average

at best is foolish. If he were on the Brewers he would still be an elite player, just without all of the post-season greatness.

Seriously? You can make an argument on fielding/Gold Glove, but on the rest...come on.

His 162 game average is 119 Runs, 207 Hits, 17 HR, 80 RBI, .312 BA, .837 OPS.....come on.

And hes done it in the most competitive division in Baseball (arguably in Sports at times) and while playing at a high level during the season and a higher level in the post-season.

Is he over-rated? Yes. I don't think you can argue against that, but that doesn't mean he hasn't always been an elite player. To call him average

at best is foolish. If he were on the Brewers he would still be an elite player, just without all of the post-season greatness.

Yeah I'm serious.

He is the most overrated player in the history of the game.

Stats are one thing, watching the guy actually play is another.

Why do you think he was voted most overrated by his peers in the past?

U need to put down the Jeter Kool-Aid!

Yeah I'm serious.

He is the most overrated player in the history of the game.

Stats are one thing, watching the guy actually play is another.

Why do you think he was voted most overrated by his peers in the past?

U need to put down the Jeter Kool-Aid!

Overrated doesn't mean bad. Lebron James is overrated. He still is the best, or close to the best player in the NBA.

You must have a much higher expectation of SS than anybody in the world. He has a lifetime .837 OPS, and a .314 BA.

In his prime years he had an .868 OPS, with a 127 OPS+. If that is average, then who is an above average SS, besides Ripken and Wagner?

I agree with others that we are now in the same class of SS as the other teams in the AL east. Depending on health, could be the best or 4th. But no doubt several steps up on Izzy.

Related, I think Jeters fielding is overrated, but the man can hit. Saying that clearly his best days are over. The Yankees are quickly locking themselves into old heros syndrome. A bunch of aging veterans who the fans will not allow you to get rid of.

Archived