Source: Orioles Close To Signing Kevin Gregg To Two Year Deal

Brendan25

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Jenks got 2/12 from the Red Sox. If we are up around 2/10 for Gregg that should pretty much be the top of the market for him, right?

On paper this makes sense, but maybe the Jays are willing to go to 2/$12M or 3/$16M. Jenks is also playing for the Red Sox and we are trying to get Gregg to come to Baltimore.

Papelbon is almost certainly going to be moved, and he's a better pitcher than Jenks. In the end, the back end of their bullpen will probably be getting weaker.

Boston is trying to win a World Series, no reason to move him. If he walks and they offer arbitration then they get two picks.

Yeah I definitely think they're keeping Papelbon. Unless something insane happens and they're out of the race, then they may trade him in July. But they're not getting rid of him now.

Big money pen up there now. Why does it seem to me that when teams have done this before it has backfired? Anyone remember any teams with high priced pens .

Big money pen up there now. Why does it seem to me that when teams have done this before it has backfired? Anyone remember any teams with high priced pens .

Yeah, the 2010 Cubs..... Carlos Zambrano alone was in the $19 mill territory. :laughlol:

Archived