Karim Garcia news

tntoriole

The funniest part of this story about Karim Garcia hitting 3 homers in a game in the Mexican League is the opening line...

"Based on what former major leaguer outfielder Karim Garcia did Sunday in Navojoa , it's hard to imagine he won't receive an invitation to spring training in 2011."

Uh...no, it's not. Orioles were last team of his 7 team tour of the majors....for extra bonus points (and without looking it up) can you name the Oriole traded for Karim Garcia?

The funniest part of this story about Karim Garcia hitting 3 homers in a game in the Mexican League is the opening line...

"Based on what former major leaguer outfielder Karim Garcia did Sunday in Navojoa , it's hard to imagine he won't receive an invitation to spring training in 2011."

Uh...no, it's not. Orioles were last team of his 7 team tour of the majors....for extra bonus points (and without looking it up) can you name the Oriole traded for Karim Garcia?

Had to look it up but I won't ruin it by cheating. Completely forgot about that guy.

I remember when he was a hyped prospect in the Dodgers organization. I was psyched when I got some of his rookie cards.

DeJean might have been the worst pitcher I've ever seen. He was horrific.

Whats funny is that he really wasn't that horrible. He was just horrible for us. The year we had him in 37 appearances he had a 6.37 ERA. The 17 other games he pitched in for the Mets that year he had a 1.69 ERA. His lifetime ERA was 4.30 and that included 4 years in Colorado.

Whats funny is that he really wasn't that horrible. He was just horrible for us. The year we had him in 37 appearances he had a 6.37 ERA. The 17 other games he pitched in for the Mets that year he had a 1.69 ERA. His lifetime ERA was 4.30 and that included 4 years in Colorado.

Yeah, I remember him leaving and suddenly being good. One of several WTF moments over the past 13 years.

Yea, I was going to say exactly the same thing. DeJean is remembered here as WORST.PITCHER.EVER. But that's only because the worst 37 games of his life just happened to be his 37 games in Baltimore. And I'm not sure "just happened to be" is the right phrase, because a lot of people seem to be at their worst on the Orioles.

I remember when he was a hyped prospect in the Dodgers organization. I was psyched when I got some of his rookie cards.

DeJean might have been the worst pitcher I've ever seen. He was horrific.

Yeah, I had it too and that was when the Dodgers had a nice little streak of RoY's: Piazza, Mondesi, Nomo, Hollandsworth, and I think Eric Karros won RoY too. I always loved Pedro Martinez's burn on him as otehrs have already hinted at: "Who are you Karim Garica to think I would waste a pitch on you." Haha, I hate the Sox but Pedro always cracked me up.

Archived