Will Derek Jeter steal another Gold Glove?

Frobby

2004: RF 4.46 (8th/11), ZR .847 (6th/11)

2005: RF 4.76 (2nd/10), ZR .830 (5th/10)

2006: RF 4.14 (9th/9), ZR .810 (7th/9)

2007: RF 4.02 (11th/11), ZR .765 (11th/11)

I think he's at the point where he is hurting the Yankees pretty badly with his defense. Will they really continue to stick him out there at SS every day for the next three years?

I think it should be between Uribe and Cabrera for the GG this year.

He should, if only for the comedic value attached to the phenomenon that is the awards for best defense going to the worst defensive players. Or to players who play 28 games on the field.

Is there a more stupid class of people on this Earth than sportswriters?

AS much as I normally disagree with the Jeter hatred, I absolutely agree that he doesn't deserve a gold glove. Cabrera in LA should get it.

That being said, please please please don't turn it into a "Derek Jeter sucks" fest if he happens to get it. Much like the "Yankees Suck" chants, as much as we'd like it to be true, it just isn't.

I don't think he has his token one good play of the year. No diving into the stands, no throwing Giambi out at home, no crashing into the CFer who should have made the catch, etc. But maybe the attention he got for his bimbos not wanting to pay for parking will give him the edge this year.

He should, if only for the comedic value attached to the phenomenon that is the awards for best defense going to the worst defensive players. Or to players who play 28 games on the field.

Is there a more stupid class of people on this Earth than sportswriters?

What do sportswriters have to do with anything? Gold Gloves are voted on by coaches and players.

Yes, coaches and players.

(deal with THAT paradox)

ROFL.

So, on the stupidity scale from most to least stupid:

Uninformed Posters > Fans > Sportswriters > Coaches and Players > Uninformed Posters

How did this game ever get to where it is now with this vicious cycle of stupidity? :confused:

Archived